MIAMI BEACH, Fla., April 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Miami Beach is inviting eco-conscious travelers from around the world to experience a variety of sustainable options, from destination resorts to innovative restaurants, throughout the city that are dedicated to preserving Miami Beach's seven miles of pristine sand. As a year-round vacation oasis, Miami Beach businesses continue to expand and enhance efforts to lessen their impact on the environment including the elimination of plastics use, dedicated recycling programs, complimentary water-filling stations, using only locally-sourced ingredients and more, all without sacrificing the lifestyle and luxury visitors expect. In addition, the City of Miami Beach has introduced a number of new programs and initiatives to make it easier than ever for tourists to enjoy a city like no other place in the world while keeping the local environment top-of-mind.
"As Miami Beach continues to be a global destination for eco-conscious travelers, it's imperative we offer new, sustainable choices along the beach that allow our visitors to make decisions they can feel good about, while still delivering a thoughtful and luxury experience," says Steve Adkins, Chairman of the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (MBVCA). "We work daily to support initiatives that inspire environmental awareness in order to keep Miami Beach environmentally and sustainably conscious."
With Earth Day approaching, there is no shortage of options for travelers looking to make conscious vacation decisions in Miami Beach. To help visitors, the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority has curated a list of environment-forward destinations and activities worth traveling for, including:
- 1 Hotel - A Silver LEED certified project, paper or plastic products won't be seen on the property. Instead, travelers will find, "triple clear" water filters in all taps to replace plastic bottles and the hotel has made use of reclaimed wood throughout the interiors.
- The Palms Hotel & Spa - A classic eco-conscious hotel and a member of Florida Green Lodging, The Palms' rooms include environmental bathroom elements that make guests feel like eco-warriors. More than 65% of the hotel's furnishings are made from recycled content or are locally produced. The Aveda Spa and in-room Aveda toiletries are composed of up to 90% organic ingredients, sustainably sourced and packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled containers.
- The Standard Hotel – A fellow member of Florida Green Lodging. The resort is located on Belle Isle on the Venetian Causeway – away from the usual city life. The hotel is practically floating in Biscayne Bay with an indoor spa, spacious stadium-style hammam. The property promotes an overall sustainable lifestyle with a restaurant specializing in organic cuisine.
- Soul Tavern – One of the founding members of #PlasticFreeMB, this plant-based gastropub focuses on health-conscious cuisine and lessening their environmental footprint.
- Likikoi – Enjoy organic, locally-grown produce that features seasonal fruits and vegetables, meats that are humanely treated and raised without steroids or growth hormones and seafood carefully selected and eco-friendly.
- Planta – This plant-based, upscale, fine dining eatery commits to using quality products from ethical suppliers.
- Celebrate Earth Day at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens – Visit the urban oasis at the heart of South Beach throughout the month of April to experience cultural events including the Recycle Runway Fashion show, an Arbor Day Tree planting, or join their community compost hub.
- Visit Woosh Water Stations around the city – The 15 conveniently-placed water stations around Miami Beach encourage the reduction of plastic water bottles. Their patented Ozone (O3) purification technology filters everything out – without removing healthy nutrients.
- Explore the city through the Rising Above app – Explorers are be able to discover the city's environmental hotspots on water or land with guided tours and information on how the city is building a resilient urban environment.
For more information on the best ways to be sustainable on Miami Beach, download the Miami Beach app at http://www.miamibeachapi.com/.
ABOUT MIAMI BEACH
Awarded first place in the 2018, 2017 and 2016 edition of the Travvy Awards, presented by travAlliancemedia in the categories of "Best LGBTQ Destination" and "Best Wedding Destination, U.S. & Canada," recently named 2017 and 2016 World's Leading City Tourist Board in and North America's Leading Tourist Board by the World Travel Awards, and a winner in the 2014, 2015 and 2016 Magellan Awards by Travel Weekly in the categories of "Destinations | Mobile App", "Overall Spa Destinations| U.S and Canada" and "Overall Beaches Destinations| U.S and Canada" respectively, Miami Beach is a favorite destination among travelers worldwide. Renowned for its unparalleled culinary offerings, extravagant nightlife, rich culture, luxe shopping and plush hotels, Miami Beach is home to unique museums, the New World Symphony, Miami City Ballet, Miami Beach Convention Center, international festivals and art exhibitions, boat and auto shows, over 187 boutique and resort hotels and 12 public parks; it is no wonder the beautifully diverse city is one of the world's most popular vacation destinations. Boasting seven miles of breathtaking beaches, Miami Beach is easily accessible from the Port of Miami and Miami International Airport. The City of Miami Beach has been named one of the top cities worldwide for 'walkability' and is equally easy to navigate by bike or boat. Known for its year-round sunny skies, the vibrant destination has been ranked by TripAdvisor as a Top Winter Sun Vacation Rental Getaway Destinations, Top Romantic Destinations, Top 25 Beaches in the World and Top 25 Destinations in the U.S. Miami Beach is like no other place in the world! Experience Miami Beach on Twitter @EMiamiBeach and Instagram @experiencemiamibeach.
SOURCE Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority