MIAMI BEACH, Fla., Aug. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- From August 1-September 30 each year, Miami Spice turns Miami Beach into a city of epicurean experiences and experiments with chefs showcasing a wealth of new dishes, cocktails and desserts to foodies and travelers during the annual Miami Spice event. Miami Beach's culinary scene has evolved into a sophisticated and daring mashup of four and five star eateries helmed by celebrity chefs including Michael Schwartz, Tom Colicchio, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Scott Conant and Jose Andres among others. The weeks that span Miami Spice are a great time for foodies to indulge in new cuisines and explore the ambiance of a restaurant, sample a range of cocktails or even talk table-side with a chef.
"Miami Spice is one of the best introductions to the Miami Beach culinary landscape," notes Peggy Benua, Chair, Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (MBVCA). "During this annual event, those who participate can sample a prix-fixe menu or just try one or two items. But beyond Miami Spice, no matter the time of year, the city has become a real gastronomic destination." Grisette Roque, Executive Director, MBVCA, says the city's competitive chefs are all vying to be the best, "It's really amazing that in such a short period of time, a little more than 10 years, Miami Beach has become a city where people are discovering that our restaurants are exceptionally good with James Beard Award-winners as well as chefs who are also popular TV show hosts at the forefront. We've come a long way and we are all proud of that."
The guide below is a great place for the adventurous traveler to begin their Miami Beach culinary journey with tips on where to eat and suggestions on what to order:
- KLIMA Restaurant & Bar: One of Miami Beach's newest additions is KLIMA Restaurant & Bar. Every Saturday, KLIMA hosts a unique Paella Brunch that includes a unique assortment of three contemporary interpretations of the classic dish which originated in Valencia, Spain.
- Milos by Costa Spiliadis: For the tapas and small plates connoisseur, this Greek-inspired restaurant is a great choice for the "Greek Ceviche" style Loup de Mer Sashimi, served with fresh & wild herbs of the Mediterranean, gigante beans and the Greek-staple, feta cheese.
- Red Ginger: For the fish-lover, the Miso Sea Bass at one of Miami Beach's newest hot spots, is a "can't miss." Made with saikyo miso, spinach, coconut foam and a garlic confit, this sea bass is true decadence.
- Baoli: For those with who want to end dinner on a sweet note, the Kisetsu-No Ice Cream at Baoli is a must. This delicious dessert features an assortment of top-of-the-line seasonal sorbet and ice cream.
- Social Club at Surfcomber: This eatery is for the mixology buff who also wants a place to play a game of foosball while enjoying a great cocktail. As a night-cap, try the "White Noise and Feedback," with a concoction of chamomile infused Woodford reserve, fresh pressed apple ginger juice, lemon, honey syrup and Tiki bitters.
About Miami Beach
Recently awarded a 2014 Magellan Award by Travel Weekly under the "Destinations | Mobile App" category, Miami Beach is a favorite destination among travelers worldwide. Renowned for its unparalleled culinary offerings, extravagant nightlife, rich culture, luxe shopping and plush hotels, Miami Beach is home to unique museums, the New World Symphony, Miami City Ballet, Miami Beach Convention Center, international festivals and art exhibitions, boat and auto shows, over 187 boutique and resort hotels and 12 public parks; it is no wonder the beautifully diverse city is one of the world's most popular vacation destinations. Boasting seven miles of breathtaking beaches, Miami Beach is easily accessible from the Port of Miami and Miami International Airport. The City of Miami Beach has been named one of the top cities worldwide for 'walkability' and is equally easy to navigate by bike or boat. Known for its year-round sunny skies, the vibrant destination not only produces its own branded sun care line, MB Miami Beach Suncare, but has been ranked by TripAdvisor as number one in 2011's Top Winter Sun Vacation Rental Getaway Destinations and was also part of Top 25 Beaches in the World and Top 25 Destinations in the U.S.. Miami Beach is like no other place in the world!
SOURCE Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority