NAPA, Calif., Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Napa Valley Vintner Michael Mondavi announced today the launch of Private Cellars by Michael Mondavi, an exclusive luxury wine club that gives members access to some of the world's most rare and unique wines. Private Cellars is solely focused on bringing high-end wines—including small production and limited edition wines—direct to consumers.
"For the past 40+ years, my wine career has brought me in contact with some of the greatest family-owned wineries all over the world," said Michael Mondavi. "Through my personal relationships with these producers, I am able to give Private Cellars members access to special wines, visits to the estates and personalized introductions to the people behind the wines."
Private Cellars membership benefits include:
- Access to collectible and rare wines
- Personalized visits, VIP access and introductions to top wineries, their owners and winemakers around the world including Italy's Marchesi de' Frescobaldi and Tenuta dell' Ornellaia, Spain's Vall Llach, the Michael Mondavi Family Winery in Napa and many more.
- Invitations to special wine and culinary events with Michael Mondavi and other top wine producers from around the world
- First-hand involvement in the art of winemaking through "Blend Your Own Wine" experiences hosted by Michael and his team in Napa Valley
- The chance to host your own private event with Michael (as available) and top wine producers from around the world
- Meet other wine enthusiasts to discover, share and compare the best wine and travel experiences
- Shipping is included on all club shipments (where applicable by law)
- 10% discount on most club wines and reorders
Private Cellars membership is limited. Members have the choice of monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly shipments. Each shipment will include at least three bottles of a rare and collectible wine and, as pricing allows, a selection of others. Members who join before the end of the year will receive a bottle of Marchesi de' Frescobaldi Castelgiocondo Brunello—a four-time Wine Spectator "Top 100" ranked wine—as a special welcome gift.
"Three-bottle shipments are ideal because you have one to enjoy immediately, one to try in a few years, and one to keep in the cellar for that special occasion," added Mondavi.
Through Private Cellars, members will also have periodic access to older vintages, signed bottles, magnums and other exclusive wine items in addition to exclusive wine and culinary experiences.
More information about Private Cellars membership and participating wine estates can be found at www.privatecellars.com
SOURCE Private Cellars by Michael Mondavi