LONDON, July 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Eat at the Best British Michelin Star Restaurants for less than you think
thetrainline.com have launched a guide to all the Michelin starred restaurants in the UK. They created an infographic and embeddable Google Map to help consumers find the price of the most affordable set lunch.
The map illustrates how meals at Michelin Star Restaurants can often be a lot more affordable if consumers opt for set lunch menus. The finest dining can be enjoyed for as little as £15 a head for two courses at the Hand and Flowers in Marlow. Even fine dining in London is affordable with 3 courses at Arbutus, Soho for just £17.95.
The guide displays Name, Town, venue contact details, how many stars, number of courses in the set-lunch, and cost. Colours indicate region - e.g. Scotland, Wales, South East, Greater London etc.
Restaurants are ranked in order of the cost of a set lunch, grouped according to the number of courses included and colour-coded by region. Users can also view a map of all Michelin Star Restaurants in the UK, sorted by the amount of Michelin stars they have.
- The most affordable Michelin star experience is 2 courses for £15 at the 2-star gastro pub, the Hand & Flowers, in Marlow.
- The Greenhouse in Mayfair boasts a 94-page wine list, including an 1870 bottle of Bordeaux (Chateau Latife Rothschild) for £22,000
- Britain has 4 of the world's 93 3-star restaurants in 2012, including Alain Roux's The Waterside Inn.
- The best value offering in London is 3 courses at Arbutus, Soho for £17.95
- The set lunch at Auberge du Lac comes with 2 glasses of wine
- The lunch price at Simpsons in Birmingham includes a half bottle of wine
- Master Chef judge, Michelle Roux Jr, is head chef at 2-star Le Gavroche
- 6 courses is the minimum set-lunch at Raymond Blanc's Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
- The only option at The Fat Duck (Heston Blumenthal) is the 14-course tasting menu at £180. Courses include snail porridge and sounds of the sea (where diners listen to the sea on ipods).
- There are currently no Michelin star restaurants in Northern Ireland.
20 restaurants are not included in the graphic since they either do not serve lunch or offer only an a la carte lunch menu. These establishments are listed at the very bottom of the full size image.
Infographic can be found here:
Embeddable Google Map can be found here:
Notes to Editors
To view the data behind the Michelin Star Restaurants infographic visit: http://www.thetrainline.com/news/michelin-star-restaurants-data