REDMOND, Wash., Oct. 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Microsoft today announced that starting with its first-quarter fiscal year 2011 results on October 28, it will post its quarterly earnings on its investor relations Website. The company will no longer distribute its quarterly financial results via newswire, although in the future it may choose to issue other financial-related news via newswire in addition to the Web site.
To assist investors, analysts and media with this transition, the company will issue a media advisory shortly after the close of the market on October 28, via newswire which will contain a pointer to http://www.microsoft.com/investor where the full financial results will be posted. In future quarters, Microsoft will issue only the media advisory on the day of its earnings announcements.
Following the release of financial results, the company will host a conference call at 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time. A live webcast of the call can be accessed on Microsoft's investor relations Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/investor.
Microsoft makes available at its Investor Relations Web site a variety of information for investors, analysts and media. The company's goal is to maintain the Investor Relations Web site as the authoritative portal through which visitors can easily find information, including:
- the annual report on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, current reports on Form 8-K, and any amendments to those reports, as soon as reasonably practicable after that material is electronically filed or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC");
- information on business strategies, financial results, and key performance indicators;
- announcements of investor conferences, speeches, and events at which company executives talk about our product, service, and competitive strategies(including archives of past events);
- results of quarterly earnings, product and service announcements, legal developments, and international news;
- corporate governance information including our articles, bylaws, governance guidelines, committee charters, codes of conduct and ethics, global corporate citizenship initiatives, and other governance-related policies;
- other news and announcements that we may post from time to time that investors might find useful or interesting; and
- opportunities to sign up for email alerts and RSS feeds to have information, including quarterly earnings announcements, pushed in real time.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq : MSFT ) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
SOURCE Microsoft Corp.