BOSTON, Nov. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The global squeeze on military budgets is translating into an emphasis on improving capabilities at the system level. Coupled with a relatively limited number of big budget platform programs, this will translate to spending on radar systems continuing to increase. The Strategy Analytics Advanced Defense Systems (ADS) service series of forecasts cover the global military radar market in terms of expenditure as well as system shipments across the land, air, sea and space domains. Strategy Analytics forecasts global spending on radar will reach $19.39 billion in 2025, representing a CAGR of 4.1% over the 2015 to 2025 period.
- Airborne radar will represent the largest market both in dollar terms as well as in terms of total shipments.
- The proliferation of unmanned platforms will translate into shipments of radar systems for these platforms growing the fastest at 5.6% CAGR through 2025.
- The L-, S-, C- and X-band frequencies will represent 35.9% to 40.0% of the radar market respectively.
- Strategy Analytics analysis shows the majority of radar systems operating in the broad 100W-100KW category, accounting for approx. 51% of the radar spending over 2015 -2025.
The Military Radar Market Outlook 2015-2025 report presents the outlook for global military radar in terms of overall expenditure, as well as detailing expected shipments and associated demand for the underpinning semiconductor technologies. The underlying numerical data is available in the Global Radar Market and Technology Forecast: 2015 – 2025 data model. Further detailed numerical data for radar systems across the respective domains is available in the following series of forecasts:
- Land Radar Market and Technology Forecast: 2015 – 2025,
- Airborne Radar Market and Technology Forecast: 2015 – 2025,
- Shipborne Radar Market and Technology Forecast: 2015 – 2025
"Technology trends around AESA (active electronically scanned array) architecture, gallium nitride- (GaN) based solid-state components and digital conversion and processing technologies will also add impetus to radar spending globally through both upgrades on existing systems as well as new radar procurements," predicts Asif Anwar, ADS Director at Strategy Analytics. "The associated market for semiconductors and other components will grow to over $3 billion with GaN becoming the primary enabling technology as it grows at a CAGR of 28.0%.
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com
European Contact: Asif Anwar, +44(0) 1908 423 635, email@example.com
US Contact: Eric Higham, +1 617 614 0721, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/military-radar-market-growth-accelerating-towards-20-billion-says-strategy-analytics-300368954.html
SOURCE Strategy Analytics