POMPANO BEACH, Fla., Sept. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- With a tap, swipe or click, 13 million Millennial Moms will spend over $750 billion in the U.S. this year. And their economic impacts will only increase as the number of Millennial Moms is expected to at least double over the next decade, according to just-released research by BSM Media. With the top of the curve still to be reached, knowing the demands and expectations of Millennial Moms will drive even more business growth, likely to historic levels.
Technology use, purchasing behaviors, social trends, voting power and much more are detailed in a new book by marketing to moms expert Maria Bailey, Millennial Moms, 202 Facts To Help Drive Brands and Sales (Wyatt-MacKenzie, 2015). Debuting last week as an Amazon #1 PR and Marketing "Hottest New Release", the book features an in-depth look at the background and influence of these moms, plus tactics to empower companies that want to tap in to this lucrative consumer group.
A sneak peek of the book, based on five years of research on Millennial Moms, reveals five eye-opening facts about these dynamic younger mothers from tech usage to transparency to how they will vote in 2016.
What makes Millennial Moms tick?
- Social shopping is standard for Millennial Moms. 90% say they take a picture from a store's fitting rooms to garner friends' opinions on a potential clothing purchase.
- Millennial Moms carry at least two wireless devices. In fact, the majority totes between three and four devices and over 10% say they always carry five or more tech gadgets.
- Millennial Moms are pragmatic. 90% will not purchase a product without reading a review first.
- Transparency is a must. More than half of these young mothers rate transparency as "extremely important", trusting brands that are open about their products.
- Education and healthcare are the most important political issues for Millennial Moms. Politicians will do well to tap in to the Millennial Mom vote, with an estimated 85% saying they will cast their ballots in the election.
In an easy-to-read format with charts, quick insights and interviews with Millennial Moms, Bailey's new book is a must-read for anyone interested in this unique generation that is the largest cohort in history.
"They are uber-spending, hyper-connected moms who exert massive influence on everything they touch, from push presents to half birthdays and customized everything," explains Bailey, the author of this latest book based on five years of research on Millennial Moms. "Everyone needs to understand these high tech, value-seeking mothers who are constantly raising the bar and changing the rules."
Find more information about Millennial Moms, the book and Maria Bailey at http://amzn.to/1hEDOJb. Please direct all inquiries and interview requests to Mary Donnellan: (954) 658-9481 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Maria Bailey
Maria Bailey is the CEO of BSM Media and the foremost authority on marketing to moms. Bailey was the first person to quantify the annual spending of U.S. mothers in 1998. Since then, government agencies, media outlets, global brands and even competitors have used her $1.7 trillion number and subsequent increases as a means to drive budgets and sales. Her first book, Marketing to Moms: Getting Your Share of the Trillion Dollar Market, was the first study to focus on this lucrative market and educate brands on tapping into the wallets of mothers. Millennial Moms: 202 Facts Marketers Need To Know To Build Brands and Drive Sales is the latest in a string of mom-focused titles she has authored. For information, visit MariaBailey.com.
Contact: Mary Donnellan
SOURCE BSM Media