NEW YORK, June 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Focusing on mitochondria has recently become an intriguing target for cancer therapy. It is well known that mitochondrial activity in tumor cells is suppressed and exploiting the differences in mitochondrial functions between tumor and normal cells can be the key to design selective anti-cancer therapies. Compounds that directly affect mitochondrial functions are considered to present a promising alternative approach to eradicate chemotherapy-resistant cancers, as this would for an example bypass any upstream oncogenic blockade of cell death pathways.
The present drug pipeline update is focused on the different therapeutic cancer strategies addressed to target metabolic pathways or mediators of apoptosis. The first group includes drugs that act on glycolysis, ?-oxidation, electron transport chain, mitochondrial permeability and the Bcl-2/IAP family protein, the second one consists of those drugs that cause cell death through the intrinsic apoptosis pathway by promoting ROS generation or by modulating mitochondrial protein involved in apoptosis induction.
There are today 306 companies plus partners developing 315 mitochondrial drugs in oncology drugs in 1150 developmental projects in cancer. In addition, there are 5 suspended drugs and the accumulated number of ceased drugs over the last years amount to another 156 drugs. Mitochondrial Drugs In Oncology Drug Pipeline Update lists all drugs and gives you a progress analysis on each one of them. Identified drugs are linked to 216 different targets. All included targets have been cross-referenced for the presence of mutations associated with human cancer. To date 213 out of the 214 studied drug targets so far have been recorded with somatic mutations. The software application lets you narrow in on these mutations and links out to the mutational analysis for each of the drug targets for detailed information. All drugs targets are further categorized on in the software application by 57 classifications of molecular function and with pathway referrals to BioCarta, KEGG, NCI-Nature and NetPath.
How May Drug Pipeline Update Be of Use?
* Show investors/board/management that you are right on top of drug development progress in your therapeutic area. * Find competitors, collaborations partners, M&A candidates etc. * Jump start competitive drug intelligence operations * Excellent starting point for world wide benchmarking * Compare portfolio and therapy focus with your peers * Speed up pro-active in-/out licensing strategy work * Fast and easy way of tracking drugs using search engines; just one click from inside the application and you may search the World Wide Web and PubMed for any drug. Drug Pipeline Update is delivered to you as a downloadable application, which requires no installation on your computer. Please read more about application features and system requirements below.
Drug Pipeline Update at a Glance
Includes more than 306 principal companies plus their collaborators. There is direct access from inside the application to web pages of all principal companies.
Note: You are able to sort and find drugs according to companies and partners from drop-down menus in the application. You may also sort and find drugs according to country of companies.
Drug name & Synonyms
Lists commercial, generic and code names for drugs.
This Drug Pipeline Update contains 315 mitochondrial drugs in oncology drugs in development, which have a total of 1150 developmental projects in cancer. In addition there are suspended and ceased drugs.
Pipeline Breakdown According to Number of Drugs
Phase III# 27
Phase II# 95
Phase I# 112
No Data# 12
Note: You are able to sort and find drugs according to developmental stage from drop-down menu in the application.
Included mitochondrial drugs in oncology drugs are also in development for 196 other indications, where of 132 are different cancer indications.
Note: You are able to find and sort drugs according to type of indication from drop-down menu in the application.
All targets are cross-referenced with the Catalogue of Somatic Mutations in Cancer (COSMIC). It is designed to store and display somatic mutation information and related details and contains information relating to human cancers. To date 213 out of the 214 studied drug targets so far have been recorded with somatic mutations and the software application lets you narrow in on these mutations and links out to the mutational analysis for each of the drug targets for detailed information.
The identity of available biological structures on 167 drug targets was retrieved from the RCSB Protein Databank for you to easily review the 3588 structures available today among drug targets.
Identified drugs are linked to more than 216 different targets, divided into 57 classifications of molecular function:
- Acid phosphatase activity
- Aminopeptidase activity
- ATPase activity
- Auxiliary transport protein activity
- Carboxypeptidase activity
- Caspase activator activity
- Catalytic activity
- Cell adhesion molecule activity
- Chaperone activity
- Cysteine-type peptidase activity
- Cytokine activity
- Cytoskeletal protein binding
- Deacetylase activity
- DNA binding
- DNA repair protein
- DNA topoisomerase activity
- GTPase activity
- Heat shock protein activity
- Hydrolase activity
- Ion channel activity
- Isomerase activity
- Kinase activity
- Kinase binding
- Kinase regulator activity
- Ligand-dependent nuclear receptor activity
- Ligase activity
- Lipid kinase activity
- Lipid phosphatase activity
- Metallopeptidase activity
- Molecular function unknown
- Oxidoreductase activity
- Phosphorylase activity
- Protease inhibitor activity
- Protein binding
- Protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- Protein serine/threonine phosphatase activity
- Protein threonine/tyrosine kinase activity
- Protein tyrosine/serine/threonine phosphatase activity
- Protein-tyrosine kinase activity
- Receptor activity
- Receptor binding
- Receptor signaling complex scaffold activity
- Receptor signaling protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- RNA binding
- RNA-directed DNA polymerase activity
- Serine-type peptidase activity
- Structural constituent of cytoskeleton
- Superoxide dismutase activity
- T cell receptor activity
- Transcription factor activity
- Transcription regulator activity
- Translation regulator activity
- Transmembrane receptor activity
- Transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase activity
- Transporter activity
- Ubiquitin-specific protease activity
- Voltage-gated ion channel activity
Identified targets are categorized into 37 different primary and alternate sub-cellular localizations:
- Cell junction
- Cell surface
- Clathrin-coated vesicle
- Cytoplasmic vesicle
- Endoplasmic reticulum
- Extracellular matrix
- Golgi apparatus
- Immunological synapse
- Intermediate filament
- Membrane fraction
- Mitochondrial intermembrane space
- Mitochondrial matrix
- Mitochondrial membrane
- Nuclear membrane
- Perinuclear region
- Perinuclear vesicle
- Peroxisomal matrix
- Plasma membrane
- Sarcoplasmic reticulum
- Secretory granule
Note: You are able to find and sort drugs according to target gene name, protein name, molecular function of target, target localization, presence of mutations and availability of biological structures of target from drop-down menus in the application.
Target Expression Profile
Direct links are provided from inside the application to 354 protein expression profiles of 201 drug targets in various human tissues and cancer types, cell lines and primary cells, including up to:
- 48 different normal tissue types
- 20 different types of cancer
- 47 cell lines
- 12 samples of primary blood cells
Identified targets have been cross referenced against their involvement in different cellular pathways, according to BioCarta, KEGG, NCI-Nature and NetPath.
- BioCarta# 241 Pathways
- KEGG# 196 Pathways
- NCI-Nature# 240 Pathways
- NetPath# 32 Pathways
Note: You are able to find and sort drugs according to targeted pathways from drop-down menus in the application.
In total there are different drug mechanism of action represented in this Drug Pipeline Update.
Note: You are able to find and sort drugs according to mechanism of action from drop-down menu in the application.
Identified drug compounds are described by:
Compound type, Chemical name, CAS Number and molecular weight
Note: You are able to sort and find drugs according to compound type from drop-down menu in the application.
Progress analysis and review of drug development. A typical drug profile reports on, depending on stage of development and available information:
Drug Name & Synonyms
Presentation of drug name and synonyms
Principal Company & Partners
Presentation of principal company and partners
Target and Molecular Function of Target
Described target(s) is/are presented with:
Official Gene Symbol – Chromosome Location – Gene & Protein Name – Molecular Function
Described target(s) is/are presented with primary and alternate localizations.
Target Expression Profiles
Links to protein expression profile(s) of target(s) in various human tissues, cell lines and primary cells, including up to:
48 different normal tissue types
20 different types of cancer
47 cell lines
12 samples of primary blood cells
All targets are cross-referenced with the Catalogue of Somatic Mutations in Cancer (COSMIC). It is designed to store and display somatic mutation information and related details and contains information relating to human cancers.
The identity of available biological structures on drug targets was retrieved from the RCSB Protein Databank for you to easily review what available structures of drug targets exist.
Described target(s) is/are matched for the involvement in cellular pathways according to BioCarta, KEGG, NCI-Nature and NetPath.
Drug mechanism of action
Summary field of developmental projects for the drug, including indication, developmental stage and status.
Cancer, myeloma – Phase II Clinical Trial – Active
Cancer, prostate – Phase III Clinical Trial – Ceased
Short introduction to drug
Compound type, Chemical name, CAS Number and molecular weight
Available patent information related to the drug is presented here.
Fillings and Approvals
Approvals and submissions
Deals & Licensing
Collaborations and deals
Availability for licensing
Phase IV Data
Available Phase IV development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Phase III Data
Available Phase III development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Phase II Data
Available Phase II development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Phase I Data
Available Phase I development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Phase 0 Data
Available Phase 0 development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Available preclinical development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Available discovery development data, developmental history and scientific data.
Search, Find and Filter Panel with Initial Result Presentation
With this panel you can define your selectivity in each drug search with up to 24 different drug specific parameters. Each parameter has multi-select options to them and can be used as either an inclusion parameter or exclusion parameter.
The initial result table is a dynamic sortable table which gives you a fast overview of found results and can be narrowed down further by your own additional keywords.
Direct linkage from inside the application to related internet resources
- Drug data is linked to search engines like Google and PubMed
- Drug target data is linked directly to BioCarta, Human Protein Atlas, KEGG, NCI-Nature, NetPath etc.
- Direct links to company web pages of companies
Dynamic Report Generator
Our dynamic report generator lets you with ease and speed generate html reports directly in your web browser (Internet Explorer and FireFox), whether it is a single drug profile or an entire search you want have a report of.
- Operating system: Windows (2000/XP/Vista/7/8) for Mac Users the service is only available online
- Browser Application (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- Internet access (to access related internet resources)
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p01601268-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001