TOKYO, Jan. 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd. announced Jan. 29 its special offers and hospitality services for foreigners shopping at the Mitsukoshi Ginza Store during the Chinese New Year's spring festival period from Feb. 19, featuring special limited cosmetic sets, free gifts with purchases and a "jewelry bazaar."
Located in the center of Ginza, an area in Tokyo where many foreign visitors enjoy shopping, the Ginza store has been expanding its merchandise and services for foreigners visiting Japan.
- Double the number of staff members for the well-used foreign language attendant service during the festival period.
- Make floor maps written in Chinese (traditional and simplified).
- Set up dialogue charts (understandable by just pointing at them) on tablet computers on a trial basis on some floors that many foreigners visit (about 10 units, Japanese and Chinese).
- Offer the Mitsukoshi Ginza Store's original handkerchiefs to the first 10,000 customers who receive tax exemption refunds for their purchases.
- Cosmetics: "Welcome to Japan Campaign"
- A special limited cosmetic set from each brand and a free gift with purchases.
- Jewelry: "Inbound Jewelry Bazaar"
- Akoya pearls of the highest quality, jade and coral, as well as products for gifts at reasonable prices of around 100,000 to 200,000 yen.
- Children's Goods: "Made in Japan Project -- Japanese-made Wooden Toy Fair"
- "Made in Japan" toys, including traditional playthings and products aimed at intellectual training.
- Men's Apparel: "TOKYO SHOP"
- The "TOKYO SHOP" event gathering items featuring designs and skills that are characteristically Japanese.
In addition, the Ginza Mitsukoshi Store will offer numerous products that are very popular among foreign customers, particularly visitors from China, such as the Nambu Tekki ironware, kitchen knives and wooden mosaic work on the household goods floor and health foods on the food product floor.
Details of these special offers and hospitality services were introduced to Japan-based correspondents of foreign media organizations on Jan. 29 at the Mitsukoshi Ginza Store during a briefing session of the Isetan Mitsukoshi group's inbound/outbound strategy.
Representatives of more than 10 media organizations from places including Europe, North America, China and other parts of Asia gathered for the briefing session.
Masaki Shimizu or Yukino Kawabe
Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd.
E-mail: [email protected]
SOURCE Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd.