Jun 12, 2012, 12:26 ET
NEW YORK, June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile industry, announced today the election of a new North America Board of Directors comprised of the leading executives in media and marketing today. The slate, elected by the MMA's North American membership, will serve a two-year term beginning this June.
Last week, the MMA announced its Global Board of Directors which is charged with establishing the overall direction of the industry and the governance of the organization, while the four Regional Board of Directors in APAC, EMEA, LATAM and NA are tasked with identifying and advocating for the issues and needs of each particular region.
The MMA North America newly elected board members include:
- Michael Bayle, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Mobile, ESPN
- Brian Bos, SVP, Group Director, Emerging Technology, Mindshare - Team Detroit
- Lynn Brindell, Senior Vice President of Marketing, CNN Worldwide
- Jay Emmet, General Manager, OpenMarket - Amdocs
- Geoffrey Handley, Co-founder & New Business and Strategy Director, The Hyperfactory
- Gene Keenan, VP of Mobile, Isobar
- Timothy Kopp, Chief Marketing Officer, ExactTarget
- Brendon Kraham, Global Mobile Sales and Product Strategy, Google
- Kelly Lindberg, Director, Digital Experience, Target
- Anne Schelle, CEO & Partner/Acting Executive Director, Acta Wireless/Open Mobile Video Coalition
"I am thrilled to welcome the new MMA North America Board of Directors. This board, comprised of leaders from across the industry, will play a critical role in helping to shape and accelerate mobile marketing in North America," said Mario Ribera, Director of Xbox LIVE, Hispanic U.S. & Latin America at Microsoft and North America Board Chairman Emeritus. "I look forward to working closely with our new board to lead our industry forward, create critical industry standards, and help marketers engage more directly with consumers via mobile."
The newly elected board members join a number of continuing board members, whose terms were not up for re-election. They include:
- Stephanie Bauer Marshall, Director, New Market Development, Verizon Wireless
- Lisa Ciangiulli, Director of Marketing, Mobile Commerce Solutions, Alcatel-Lucent
- Nico Du Plessis, Senior Director, Mobile & Tablets, The Weather Channel
- Anne Frisbie, Head of North America, InMobi
- Laura Kearns, Director, Ads, Microsoft
- Mack McKelvey, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Millennial Media
- Tony Nethercutt, General Manager, North America, Mojiva
- John O'Rourke, Chief Marketing Officer, Motricity
- Jack Philbin, CEO & President, Vibes Media
- Tara Scarlett, Senior Manager, CRM & Mobile Marketing/Lead Mobile Center of Excellence, The Coca-Cola Company
- Krishna Subramanian, Chief Marketing Officer, Velti
- Andy Vogel, SVP, Digital/Mobile, The Tribune Company
- Mario Ribera, Director of Xbox LIVE, Hispanic U.S. & Latin America, Microsoft, Chairman Emeritus
"I'm honored that these respected executives are making a two year commitment to lead industry growth through the MMA," said Michael Becker, North American Managing Director of the MMA. "I look forward to working with this new team to capitalize on the growing momentum to build the mobile industry into a robust marketing platform that is embraced by marketers and advertisers."
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The MMA is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth and preserving privacy, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. MMA includes more than 700 member companies, representing nearly 50 countries across the mobile marketing industry including hardware providers, marketers, software developers and more. MMA global headquarters are located in the U.S., with regional chapters in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Valerie Christopherson or Evan Tamura
Global Results Comms (GRC)
+1 949 306 6476
SOURCE The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
Share this article