LOS ANGELES, Oct. 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Organizers of the Los Angeles Auto Show and AutoMobility LA today released additional details of its world-renowned annual program as it continues to be a catalyst for industry progression. Taking place Nov. 18-21, 2019 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, media and industry attendees will have the opportunity to gain insights into the future of mobility, witness vehicle debuts, and network over the course of AutoMobility LA's four days.
Following the networking reception on Monday evening, Nov. 18, the program on Tuesday, Nov. 19 will be dedicated to breaking news, debuts, industry announcements and an all-day conference. Also featured will be marquee events, including the annual Hackathon and the 2019 Top Ten Automotive Startups Competition™, presented this year by PlanetM and co-sponsored by Plug and Play.
The conference portion of AutoMobility LA will include a compelling roster of speakers and panelists from auto, tech and beyond who will openly discuss and debate the future of the automotive industry and how autonomy, connectivity, electrification and the sharing economy (ACES) will impact society.
Emceed by Joanne Muller and Alison Snyder from Axios, Tuesday's extensive programming will showcase fireside chats, panel discussions, press announcements by significant players within the auto and technology industries, and also offer attendees the opportunity to explore new and established companies onsite.
- Dr. Carsten Breitfeld, Global CEO of Faraday Future
- Ulrich Kranz, Co-Founder & CEO of Canoo
- Klaus Zellmer, President & CEO of Porsche Cars North America
Panel Discussions (to date, but not limited to):
- ACES' Impact on Big Retail
- Keith Barry, Consumer Reports (moderator)
- John Eichberger, Executive Director at Fuels Institute
- Chip Harding, Senior Vice President at Simon Property Group
- Edward Hudson, Senior Director of Corporate Research at The Kroger Co.
- Patricia Valderrama, Schneider Sustainable Energy Fellow at Natural Resources Defense Council
- Consumer Trust and the Autonomous Vehicle
- Amitai Bin-Nun, Vice President, Autonomous Vehicles at Securing America's Future Energy
- Bert Kaufman, Head of Corporate and Regulatory Affairs at Zoox
- Steve Koenig, VP of Research at the Consumer Technology Association
- Sasha Lekach, Mashable (moderator)
- Roopa Unnikrishnan, Head of Strategy at Harman International
- Startups in Mobility
- Adam Jansen, Innovation Manager at Plug and Play Tech Center
- Trevor Pawl, Senior Vice President of Business Innovation at PlanetM (moderator)
- Voice in the Vehicle
- Matt Burns, TechCrunch (moderator)
- Ned Curic, VP of Automotive at Alexa Automotive at Amazon
- Tao Liang, Director of Machine Learning and HMI at NIO
- Dr. Jason Mars, Co-Founder, President & CEO at Clinc
- What's Next in Micromobility
- Tarani Duncan, Co-Founder & COO at Shared
- Euwyn Poon, President & Co-Founder at Spin
- Dmitry Shevelenko, Co-Founder at Tortoise
- Levi Tilleman, WIRED (moderator)
"AutoMobility LA brings together some of the greatest minds shaping the future of mobility," said Terri Toennies, President of the LA Auto Show and AutoMobility LA. "As the automotive ecosystem continues to evolve at a rapid pace, we are proud to be able to provide a reputable platform for media and professionals from multiple sectors to gain critical insights, be the first to know about groundbreaking industry innovations, engage in healthy debate and collaborate to drive the industry forward."
Following Tuesday's wide-ranging program, Wednesday and Thursday (Nov. 20-21) will continue to put the spotlight on global automakers and the vehicle debuts they will introduce at AutoMobility LA. An announcement regarding this year's numerous vehicle debuts and the full schedule for the four days will be available in the coming weeks.
Following AutoMobility LA, the LA Auto Show will welcome the public from November 22 to December 1.
About the Los Angeles Auto Show and AutoMobility LA
Founded in 1907, the Los Angeles Auto Show (LA Auto Show®) is the first major North American auto show of the season annually. In 2016, the show's Press & Trade Days merged with the Connected Car Expo (CCE) to become AutoMobility LA™, the industry's first trade show converging the technology and automotive sectors to launch new products and technologies and to discuss the most pressing issues surrounding the future of transportation and mobility. AutoMobility LA 2019 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center Nov. 18-21, with manufacturer vehicle debuts intermixed. LA Auto Show 2019 will be open to the public Nov. 22-Dec 1. AutoMobility LA is where the new auto industry gets business done, unveils groundbreaking new products, and makes strategic announcements in front of media and industry professionals from around the globe. LA Auto Show is endorsed by the Greater LA New Car Dealer Association and is owned and operated by ANSA Productions. To receive the latest show news and information, follow the LA Auto Show on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram and sign up for alerts at http://www.laautoshow.com/. For more information about AutoMobility LA, please visit http://www.automobilityla.com/ and follow AutoMobility LA on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
SOURCE Los Angeles Auto Show