BERKELEY, Calif., April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MOG, the award- winning on-demand subscription music service and Telstra, Australia's leading telecommunications and information services company, today announced an exclusive partnership, and MOG's first international deal, that will give Australians access to MOG's vast catalog of music, making it the easiest way to instantly access ad-free, on-demand music from virtually anywhere.
MOG will be the exclusive provider of on-demand subscription music to Telstra customers and give users the ability to search, browse and play unlimited, ad-free music online, on mobile phones, through consumer electronic and streaming entertainment devices and Internet connected TVs. Telstra mobile customers will enjoy MOG's vast catalog of music and can download any song, album or playlist directly to their mobile device for a monthly fee. While any Australian can sign up for MOG, for Telstra customers only, all streamed and downloaded music is unmetered, meaning music played from mobile devices will not affect user data plans. Mobile customers will also benefit from carrier billing which provides a simple and secure way to enjoy MOG on the go. Customers can simply download the MOG app from their mobile device or sign up online at www.mog.com, and the monthly subscription charge will appear on the subscribers Telstra bill.
"It's thrilling to broaden MOG's reach and bring Australian's the best music listening experience available on multiple platforms," said David Hyman, CEO and founder of MOG. "We've been working toward global expansion for some time and prioritizing markets based on opportunities. Australia is a key, major music market ripe for disruption and we're pleased to be the sole provider of on-demand music for the leading telecommunications provider in Australia. We can't wait for music lovers to experience MOG's entire catalog of on-demand music from wherever they are and we're making it easier then ever to do so."
MOG provides the easiest to use discovery tools, highest quality audio (320kbps), best restriction free radio in the world, vast catalog (over 15 million songs), and ultimate personalized recommendations via Facebook integration. In the coming months, Telstra customers will enjoy the following MOG features:
- On-demand streaming: Unlimited, ad-free listening to any artist, album, or song at any time from virtually anywhere. Our HTML5, browser-based player brings music to you blazingly fast on the web.
- Unlimited downloads: MOG allows users to download and store music on their phone, enabling access to music even when a data connection is not available – ideal for jetsetters and easy on your data plan!
- MOG radio: Best-in-class, personal radio and the most powerful music discovery engine on the planet enables users to switch between true artist-only radio or a full mix of similar artists.
- Personalized recommendations: Instant recommendations based on individual music preferences. "Just for you" provides music recommendations based on your MOG listening habits and your artist "likes" on Facebook and improve as you listen and "favorite" music.
- Highest quality audio: MOG streams music at 320kbps, the highest quality listening experience.
- Curated content: Explore all MOG has to offer through its complete guide to everything and anything you'd want to hear. From New Releases, Editor's Picks, top Charts, Featured Playlists, and Custom Radio in addition to their own, tagged songs from within the MOG music service, users will find exactly what they're looking for (and more).
"Our exclusive partnership with MOG is the first of its kind in Australia and a big win for Australian music lovers," said Telstra's Executive Director of Media, Applications and User Experience, J-B Rousselot. "Telstra's network superiority means customers will receive the best music experience with MOG through faster download speeds, stronger streaming and no data costs for using the service."
Telstra has Australia's largest and fastest mobile network with more than 2.2 million square kilometres of coverage which means Telstra customers will be able to stream music from MOG faster from more places in Australia.
MOG will be available for Australian's in the coming months. For more information about MOG and Telstra, visit http://mog.com.
About MOG Inc.
MOG Inc. is a next-generation music media company founded in June 2005 by David Hyman, former CEO for Gracenote. MOG's all-you-can-eat, on-demand listening service provides access to a vast library of over 15 million songs through its mobile apps on iPhone, iPad, iTouch and Android, online, on streaming entertainment devices and Internet connected TVs and Blu-ray players and in the car. MOG Inc. is also the provider of The MOG Music Network (MMN), the premier destination for music content online and largest music focused advertising network consisting of over 1000 music sites, reaching more than 60 million people each month (comScore 2012).
Headquartered in Berkeley, California, MOG Inc. investors include Menlo Ventures, Balderton Capital, Simon Equity Partners, Universal Music Group and Sony Music. Grammy-winning record producer, Rick Rubin, named by Time Magazine as one of the "100 Most Influential People in the world," is a member of MOG's Board of Directors.
Telstra is Australia's leading telecommunications and information services company, with one of the best known brands in the country. We offer a full range of services and compete in all telecommunications markets throughout Australia, providing more than 8.2 million Australian fixed line and 13.3 million mobile services.
SOURCE MOG Inc.