BERKELEY, Calif., June 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MOG, the award-winning, on-demand music service and Telstra, Australia's leading telecommunications and information services company, today announced the availability of MOG in Australia. Australians can now access MOG's vast catalog of music, making it the easiest way to instantly enjoy ad-free, on-demand music from virtually anywhere.
MOG is the exclusive provider of on-demand subscription music to Telstra customers and gives users the ability to search, browse and play unlimited, ad-free music online, on mobile phones, tablets and consumer electronic devices. MOG is available to all Australians, starting with a two-week free trial, regardless of their ISP or phone provider. For Telstra customers only, all streamed and download music is unmetered, meaning music played from mobile devices will not affect user data plans.
"It's thrilling to broaden MOG's reach and bring Australian's the best music listening experience available on multiple platforms," said David Hyman, CEO and founder of MOG. "Australia is a key music market, ripe for disruption, and our best of breed listening and discovery service, coupled with Telstra's market leading broadband and mobile networks, are a winning combination for music lovers. And, Telstra customers have the added benefit of streaming and downloading unlimited music with no added cost – doesn't get any better!"
Telstra mobile customers can enjoy MOG's vast catalog of music and can download any song, album or playlist directly to their mobile device for a monthly fee. Mobile customers will also benefit from carrier billing which provides a simple and secure way to enjoy MOG on the go. Customers can download the MOG app from their mobile device or sign up online at www.mog.com and the monthly subscription charge will appear on subscribers Telstra bill.
"Music subscription is all about convenience, range of choice and value for money," said Telstra Director of Digital Media and Content, Adam Good. "More Australians are accessing music digitally than ever before and Telstra's research indicates the number one way Australians are listening to music is via their MP3 player or Smartphone. MOG is a game-changer for these people. Now, for as little as $6.99 per month they have access to all the music they want, whether it's Mozart one day and Madonna the next."
Telstra customers can enjoy the following MOG features:
- On-demand streaming: Unlimited, ad-free listening to any artist, album, or song at any time from virtually anywhere. Our HTML5, browser-based player brings music to you blazingly fast on the web.
- Unlimited downloads: MOG allows users to download and store music on their phone, enabling access to music even when a data connection is not available – ideal for jetsetters and easy on your data plan!
- MOG radio: Best-in-class, personal radio and the most powerful music discovery engine on the planet enables users to switch between true artist-only radio or a full mix of similar artists.
- Personalized recommendations: Instant recommendations based on individual music preferences. "Just for you" provides music recommendations based on your MOG listening habits and your artist "likes" on Facebook and improve as you listen and "favorite" music.
- Highest quality audio: MOG streams music at 320kbps, the highest quality listening experience.
- Curated content: Explore all MOG has to offer through its complete guide to everything and anything you'd want to hear. From New Releases, Editor's Picks, top Charts, Featured Playlists, and Custom Radio in addition to their own, tagged songs from within the MOG music service, users will find exactly what they're looking for (and more).
MOG offers Australians a two-week free trial after which listeners can upgrade to one of the following subscription plans:
- MOG Basic, $6.99 per month: Unlimited, ad-free access to over 16 million songs online via MOG's Web players or desktop clients for Mac OS and Windows.
- MOG Premium, $11.99 per month: Unlimited, ad-free access to over 16 million songs online via MOG's Web players or desktop clients for Mac OS and Windows, and through mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android), tablets and Sonos players.
Telstra has Australia's largest and fastest mobile network with more than 2.2 million square kilometers of coverage which means Telstra customers can stream music from MOG faster from more places in Australia.
For more information about MOG and to sign up, visit http://mog.com.
About MOG Inc.
MOG Inc. is a next-generation music media company founded in June 2005 by David Hyman, former CEO for Gracenote. MOG's all-you-can-eat, on-demand listening service provides access to a vast library of over 16 million songs through its mobile apps on iPhone, iPad, iTouch and Android, online, on streaming entertainment devices and Internet connected TVs and Blu-ray players and in the car. MOG Inc. is also the provider of The MOG Music Network (MMN), the premier destination for music content online and largest music focused advertising network consisting of over 1000 music sites, reaching more than 60 million people each month (comScore 2012).
Headquartered in Berkeley, California, MOG Inc. investors include Menlo Ventures, Balderton Capital, Simon Equity Partners, Universal Music Group and Sony Music. Grammy-winning record producer, Rick Rubin, named by Time Magazine as one of the "100 Most Influential People in the world," is a member of MOG's Board of Directors.
SOURCE MOG Inc.