BERKELEY, Calif., April 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- MOG today announced the availability of its award-winning streaming music service on LG Electronics' Internet connected devices through LG's new Smart TV platform on Blu-ray Disc players and Home Theater Systems*. After selecting the MOG application, music lovers can search, browse and play millions of songs, on-demand from the comfort of their living rooms.
"MOG remains focused on ensuring our users have the best listening experience wherever they are, and thanks to LG's Smart TV platform, consumers can now enjoy high-quality, on-demand streaming of music in the living room," said David Hyman, CEO of MOG." We designed this app specifically for the living room and can't wait for people to experience the gorgeous graphics, simplicity of the app, and high quality audio. It's great to be aligned with a company such as LG, a technology leader in consumer electronics."
The MOG app for LG Electronics' Internet-connected devices was specifically designed for an unsurpassed living room listening experience including gorgeous visuals and the highest quality audio. LG customers can access MOG on the following new LG Blu-ray players and home theater surround sound systems:
- LG Blu-ray players: BD650, BD670, BD690
- LG Home Theater systems: LHB336, LHB536, LHB976
LG customers accessing MOG on their Blu-ray players and Home Theater systems will enjoy the following features:
- On-demand streaming: Unlimited, ad-free listening to any artist, album, or song at any time.
- Simple search and browsing designed for the remote control: MOG developed a gorgeous 10-foot user interface to provide high-quality and simple navigation of albums, artists or songs for instant playing and easy browsing of charts, editors' picks and new releases.
- MOG radio: Only MOG offers the patent-pending "MOG Mobius" music discovery engine, which enables users to switch between true "artist only" radio or a full mix of similar artists.
- Charts, editors' picks and new releases: Easily explore all MOG has to offer through its complete guide to everything and anything you want to hear. From weekly top artists, albums and songs, to editors' picks and new releases, you'll find exactly what you're looking for (and more).
- High quality audio: MOG streams music at 320kbps which provides the highest quality listening.
MOG is also available on LG's new Smart TV Upgrader, a set top box that gives any television with an HDMI input the ability to access the LG Smart TV platform.* MOG will soon be available on LG Electronics Smart TV Enabled HDTVs.
"LG Blu-ray players and home theater systems are great ways to bring the excitement of HD video and engaging audio into the home," said Jay Vandenbree, senior vice president and head of the Home Entertainment business unit, LG Electronics USA, Inc. "We're always looking for the best additions to our intuitive Smart TV platform, and with high-quality on-demand audio-streaming from MOG, consumers have even more entertainment options."
MOG currently offers a 14-day FREE trial after which users can choose one of the following subscription plans:
- $9.99 per month MOG Primo: Access to MOG on consumer electronic devices such as LG Smart TV enabled Blu-ray players and home theater systems, online, or through the MOG app on iPhone and Android phones, all via a single MOG account.
- $4.99 per month MOG Basic: Access to MOG on LG Smart TV enabled Blu-ray players and home theater systems as well as online at mog.com.
MOG, Inc. is a next-generation music media company founded in June 2005 by David Hyman, former CEO for Gracenote. MOG's all-you-can-eat, on-demand listening service provides access to a vast library of over 10 million songs and over one million albums through its mobile apps on iPhone and Android phones, online, and on consumer electronic devices. MOG, Inc. is also the provider of The MOG Music Network (MMN), the premier destination for music content online and largest music focused advertising network consisting of over 1500 music sites, reaching nearly 40 million people each month.
Headquartered in Berkeley, Calif., MOG Inc. investors include Menlo Ventures, Balderton Capital, Simon Equity Partners, Universal Music Group and Sony Music. Grammy-winning record producer, Rick Rubin, named by Time Magazine as one of the "100 Most Influential People in the world," is a member of MOG's Board of Directors.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
*Internet connection and subscriptions required and sold separately.
SOURCE MOG, Inc.