SAN FRANCISCO, January 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The global moisture wound dressing market size is expected to reach USD 5.45 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is projected to witness a CAGR of 5.6% over the forecast period. Key factor driving the market are increasing cases of acute and chronic wounds, such as surgical, diabetic and traumatic wounds, lacerations, and diabetic ulcers. As per estimates provided by Elsevier, about 300 million acute wound injuries occur per year.
Ongoing R&D in the healthcare field is leading to the development of new products. For instance, the advent of keratin-based wound care products. These products facilitate wound re-epithelialization but also forms part of dressings and aid in wound healing as the keratin matrix in them gets absorbed in the wound eliminating the need to change the dressing. Furthermore, introduction of novel therapies, such as electromagnetic therapy, electrical stimulation, nanotechnology, and the use of silver and other combination dressings are boosting the market.
These advancements ensure better wound care during any trauma, thereby supporting the market growth. Similarly, new products in pipeline are anticipated to augment the market development over the forecast period. For instance, Researchers in Massachusetts Institute of Technology in U.S. and University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Harvard Medical School have developed a bandage that provides precise and scheduled drug delivery, which can be customized as per requirement. Such innovations are expected to create growth opportunities for the market players.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Moist Wound Dressings Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Foam, Films), By Application (Surgical Wound, Diabetic Ulcer), By End Use (Hospital, Homecare), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/moist-wound-dressings-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- On the basis of product, foam wound dressings account for the largest share owing to their ability to maintain moisture, which facilitates healing process
- Surgical application segment accounts for the largest market share due to increasing number of surgical procedures being performed; as all types of wound dressings are required during surgeries
- Southeast Asia moist wound dressings market is expected to witness significant development as the region holds potential growth opportunities due to the presence of, emerging nations like Indonesia and Thailand
- The diabetic ulcer segment is anticipated to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period on account of increasing prevalence of the disease and related complications
- Key companies in the market are 3M Healthcare; Coloplast A/S; Medline Industries, Inc.; Cardinal Health, Inc.; B. Braun Melsungen AG; Smith & Nephew PLC; ConvaTec Group PLC; Derma Sciences, Inc.; and Systagenix Wound Management Ltd.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Cerebral Spinal Fluid (CSF) Management Market - The global Cerebral Spinal Fluid (CSF) management market size was valued at USD 879.1 million in 2014.
- Intraoperative Neuromonitoring (IONM) Market - The global Intraoperative Neuromonitoring (IONM) market size was valued at USD 2.2 billion in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.79% over the forecast period.
- Blood Collection Market - The global blood collection market size was valued at USD 7.6 billion in 2015 and is projected to grow at 6.1% over the forecast period.
- Pulse Oximeters Market - The global pulse oximeters market size was valued at USD 1.5 billion in 2015 and is projected to grow with CAGR of 6.15% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global Moisture wound dressings market on the basis of product, application, end use, and region:
- Moisture Wound Dressings Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Moisture Wound Dressings Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Pressure Ulcers
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Burn Wounds
- Surgical Wounds
- Traumatic Wounds
- Moisture Wound Dressings End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Moisture Wound Dressings Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Southeast Asia
- Central & South America
- Rest of the World
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.