DUBLIN, May 20, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Molecular Diagnostics - Technologies, Markets and Companies" report from Jain PharmaBiotech has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
- This report has evolved during the past 25 years, profiting from feedback by numerous readers and experts.
- The most comprehensive and up-to-date one-stop source of information on technical and commercial aspects of molecular diagnostics.
- Includes profiles of 268 companies, the largest number in any report on this topic.
- 500 references, cited in the report are included in the bibliography.
- The text is supplemented by 103 tables and 17 figures.
This report describes and evaluates the molecular diagnostics technologies that will play an important role in the practice of medicine, public health, pharmaceutical industry, forensics and biological warfare in the 21st century. This includes several polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based technologies, fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), peptide nucleic acids (PNA), electrochemical detection of DNA, sequencing, mitochondrial DNA, biochips, nanotechnology and proteomic technologies.
The markets for molecular diagnostics technologies are difficult to estimate. Molecular diagnostics markets overlap with markets for non-molecular diagnostic technologies in the in vitro diagnostic market and are less well defined than those for pharmaceuticals.
Molecular diagnostic markets are analyzed for 2019 according to technologies, applications and geographical regions. Forecasts are made up to 2029. A major portion of the molecular diagnostic market can be attributed to advances in genomics and proteomics. Biochip and nanobiotechnology are expected to make a significant contribution to the growth of molecular diagnostics.
The number of companies involved in molecular diagnostics has increased remarkably during the past few years. More than 1,000 companies have been identified to be involved in developing molecular diagnostics and 268 of these are profiled in the report along with tabulation of 657 collaborations. Despite the strict regulation, most of the development in molecular diagnostics has taken place in the United States, which has the largest number of companies.
Initial applications of molecular diagnostics were mostly for infections but are now increasing in the areas of genetic disorders, preimplantation screening and cancer. Genetic screening tests, despite some restrictions, is a promising area for future expansion of in vitro diagnostic market. Molecular diagnostics is being combined with therapeutics and forms an important component of integrated healthcare.
Molecular diagnostic technologies are also involved in the development of personalized medicine based on pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics. Currently, there has been a considerable interest in developing rapid diagnostic methods for point-of-care and biowarfare agents such as anthrax. Molecular diagnostic tests for COVID-19 are described
This was the first commercial report on this topic and published as "DNA Diagnostics" in 1995 by PJB Publications, UK. A new edition in 1997 "Molecular Diagnostics I" as well as the next edition, "Molecular Diagnostics II" in 1999, were published by Decision Resources Inc, USA. All the three versions of the reports were well received and sold widely. The report has been rewritten several times.
Key Topics Covered
Part I: Technologies & Applications
2. Molecular Diagnostic Technologies
3. Biochips, Biosensors and Nanobiotechnology
4. Proteomic Technologies for Molecular Diagnostics
5. Molecular Diagnosis of Genetic Disorders
6. Molecular Diagnosis of Cardiovascular Disorders
7. Molecular Diagnosis of Infections
8. Molecular Diagnosis of Cancer
9. Molecular Diagnostics in Biopharmaceutical Industry & Healthcare
10. Molecular Diagnostics in Forensic Medicine and Biological Warfare
Part II: Regulations, Markets and Companies
12. Ethics, Patents and Regulatory Issues
13. Markets for Molecular Diagnostics
14. Companies Involved in Molecular Diagnostics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ld9piu
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets