FAIRFAX, Va., Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Sheehy Auto Stores, Inc. has announced donations of more than $117,000 to charities in the communities they serve in Washington, D.C.; Annapolis/Baltimore, Maryland; and Ashland/Richmond, Virginia.
"While our family of dealerships does much throughout the year to support our communities, we are pleased to continue our annual New Year tradition of making sizable donations to select charities," said Vince Sheehy, president of Sheehy Auto Stores.
In the Washington, D.C. area, Sheehy has pledged $57,500 to charities including:
- The Carpenter Shelter - Sheehy Ford
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - Sheehy Ford Lincoln – Gaithersburg, MD
- Housing and Community Services of Northern Virginia - Sheehy Ford/Sheehy Nissan/Sheehy Subaru – Springfield, VA
- ECHO – Sheehy Volkswagen – Springfield, VA
- Boys and Girls Club of Fauquier - Sheehy Ford – Warrenton, VA
- SHARE & SERVE - Sheehy Nissan – Manassas, VA
- Fairy Godmother Project Southern Maryland Chapter - Sheehy Nissan/Sheehy Hyundai – Waldorf, MD
- Good Shepherd Housing & Family Services, Inc. - Sheehy Honda – Alexandria, VA
In Annapolis/Baltimore, Sheehy pledged $35,000 to the following organizations:
- Arundel House of Hope - Sheehy Nissan – Glen Burnie, MD
- AAMC Foundations General Fund - Sheehy Lexus – Annapolis, MD
- Chesterwye Center, Inc. - Sheehy Infiniti – Annapolis, MD
- Travis Manion Foundation – Sheehy Nissan – Annapolis, MD
In Ashland/Richmond, Sheehy pledged $25,000 to:
- Mercy Mall and Junior Achievement of Central Virginia – Sheehy Ford/Lincoln – Richmond, VA
- Junior Achievement of Central Virginia, Hanover Habitat for Humanity and Comfort Zone Camp – Sheehy Ford – Ashland, VA
- American Cancer (Relay for Life Mechanicsville) - Sheehy Nissan – Mechanicsville, VA
Sheehy Auto Stores, Inc.
Sheehy Auto Stores began in 1965 as a small, suburban, family-owned Ford dealership just off the brand new Washington, D.C. Beltway. Because of customer response to their innovative approaches, Sheehy was immediately successful and by 1975 had become the largest Ford dealership in the country. Today, the company is still primarily family-owned and has grown to more than $1 billion in sales with more than 30,000 vehicle sales per year. Sheehy's 19 locations and 20 import and domestic brands serve customers in the Baltimore, Annapolis, Richmond and Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas.
Read more news from Sheehy Auto Stores, Inc.
SOURCE Sheehy Auto Stores, Inc.