Morton Salt® Helps Melt the Ice in Dallas
Morton sends free ice melter to Dallas just in time for the big game
04 Feb, 2011, 09:00 ET
CHICAGO, Feb. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Game day is around the corner, but is Dallas ready for some football? The city has been plagued with unseasonably cold weather and ice, likely adding stress to game day preparations. Morton Salt®, the brand consumers have trusted and welcomed into their homes for more than 100 years, is helping Dallas take care of the unexpected wintery conditions so everyone can focus on football, not falling on ice.
Morton is bringing its winter weather know-how to Dallas by donating ice melters to the Sheraton hotel in Dallas where fans and more than 500 media wait in anticipation for Sunday's game. Mother Nature has certainly met her match in the Morton Salt girl.
"Even if our hometown team didn't make it to Dallas this year, we still want to help everyone enjoy the big game weekend," says Niles Hysell, Morton's Director of Ice Melt Product Management. "We're in Chicago so we certainly know ice and ice melting just like we know salt."
Tips for Icy Weather:
With impending snow and ice, Morton is helping Dallas with some winter weather tips:
- Avoid Slips and Falls: Use an ice melter to help keep your sidewalks, driveways and walkways safe for your family and neighbors. Look for a brand you can trust like Morton, who uses third party or laboratory testing to validate ice melter performance claims. From pet safe to extreme weather and fast-acting products, Morton's line of ice melters is designed to meet your everyday ice melting needs.
- Homey Heat Up: This may seem like a no-brainer, but always be cognizant of the temperature inside the home, keeping it at least 65 degrees. If it is any colder, you risk the chance of pipes freezing, which can crack and spew gallons of water throughout your home. Don't forget to drain the outdoor hoses as well.
- Protect Neighborhood Paws: The salted sidewalks and streets are very hard on pets' paws so keep them safe for your four-legged neighbors by using Morton® Safe-T-Pet™. Safe-T-Pet™ was developed with and is recommended by veterinarians. It is a salt and chloride free ice melt that is non-toxic and non-irritating, making it safer for your pets' paws and stomach.
- Careful Clean Up: Ice and wintery conditions can result in weak tree trunks and broken branches that can damage your house, car or, even worse, someone on your property. Trim your trees and get rid of those dead branches. And while you're up there, be sure to clean the gutters on your house to prevent water from building up and freezing. Your flowers need to be covered as well, so they are safe and ready for spring!
Products to Prevent an Icy Game:
- Protect Your Pet's Paws: Morton® Safe-T-Pet™
- Safety for pets is the top concern for people purchasing this ice melter. Safe-T-Pet™ is non-toxic, non-irritating, and less corrosive than salt or salt-based ice melter blends, making it safer for use with kids, surfaces, and pets.
- Safer for Surfaces: Morton® Safe-T-Plus®
- Concrete damage can cost consumers thousands of dollars for each repair. Safe-T-Plus® contains Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (HEC) which helps protect the surface by creating a protective seal that limits the penetration of ice melt into the concrete, helping prevent further cracks due to deicer use. Safe-T-Plus® is as effective at melting ice and snow as rock salt, yet formulated to be safer for use on concrete and plants than rock salt.
- Fast Acting Ice Melt for Professionals: Morton® Action Melt® Blend
- Need to get rid of ice fast? This blended product contains calcium chloride to generate heat and quickly melt snow and ice faster and longer than rock salt alone.
- Top Selling Product for Home and Work: Morton® Safe-T-Salt® Rock Salt
- This pure rock salt will prevent snow and ice from becoming hard packed and sticking to walkway surfaces. Economically priced, this product can be used to clear ice and snow from steps, walkways, and driveways at a low price. In addition, pour generously under the wheels of a car stuck in snow to provide traction.
For more information about Morton Salt, Inc. and Morton ice melter products, visit www.mortonmelters.com.
About Morton Salt, Inc., a K+S Group Company
Morton Salt, Inc., a Chicago-based company continuing a Morton Salt business dating back to 1848, is North America's authority on salt and a leading producer of salt for grocery, water softening, ice control, agricultural, and industrial uses. Morton introduced the nation to the Morton Umbrella Girl and the now-famous slogan, "When It Rains It Pours" in 1914. Since that time, Morton Salt products have graced the shelves of more homes throughout the country than any other brand of salt.
SOURCE Morton Salt, Inc.
Share this article