CLIFTON PARK, N.Y., April 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Magsoft Corporation is pleased to announce the release of Motor-CAD Version 6. Motor-CAD is a revolutionary simulation software developed by Motor Design Ltd. of Shropshire, UK in cooperation with Magsoft. Motor-CAD's unique approach is to transform the complex thermal physics within electric machines into a lumped-parameter circuit equivalent. Solving the circuit then reveals the corresponding thermal behavior.
This technique allows the designer to virtually prototype the performance of their machine on their standard PC computer. Simulation is fast, accurate, and offers a coupled multi-physics approach which yields unparalleled insight as things heat up.
Motor-CAD V6 has numerous new features to improve the experimental experience of the machine designer. The most prominent of these are :
- New Geometry Capabilities
- Additional magnet configurations for the Brushless PM Motor [BPM] machine-type
- Multiple independent duct layers for both Rotor and Stator cooling components
- Additional parameters for configuring the shape of the winding End-Rings
- ActiveX and Scripting
- New Help menu access to the complete ActiveX parameter list
- New Scripting interface area for developing and running macros
- Save and re-use desired macros for timeless consistency in experimentation
- New Multi-Slice model for long stack lengths
- Choice of the number of slices
- Review the solution on each slice separately or as a function of the slices
- New Flow Interface
- Review the various fluid paths for each cooling method chosen
- Review the fluid flow rates throughout the machine
- Improved Component Models
- End-Space Region
- Winding End-Rings
- Forced Convection Cooling
- Transient Solutions
- Reduced Computation Times
- Transient results can now be displayed "on demand" during the simulation
"The requirements for today's electric machines dictate that the designer take into account how the machine's behavior changes as it heats up over time. Motor-CAD is alone in the marketplace; providing results which readily allow the designer to make critical design adjustments in order to remove heat when it's necessary," says Magsoft Technical Director Tan Pham.
Magsoft Corporation markets leading computer-aided-engineering (CAE) simulation tools. These tools are used by manufacturers to accelerate and manage precise design solutions for devices such as motors, transformers, actuators, and sensors. Magsoft offers a range of products and services and has comprehensive facilities throughout North America and Asia. News and information are available at www.magsoft-flux.com.
SOURCE Magsoft Corporation