NEW YORK, Jan. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NRF 2010 (Booth #1623) -- Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) has broadened its enterprise mobility portfolio to better enable retailers to streamline operations, increase sales, improve customer loyalty and gain competitive advantage. With new mobile computing, voice and RFID solutions, Motorola is empowering store associates with access to better information to make better decisions - ultimately transforming the customer experience.
"Motorola is committed to delivering the future of retail today by helping retailers forge new connections with customers," said Frank Riso, senior director of retail, Motorola Enterprise Mobility Solutions. "With our diverse portfolio of enterprise solutions, Motorola enables retail associates to work smarter, improve productivity, stay connected and give customers the shopping experience they want."
Some of the latest retail solutions that will be featured in Motorola's booth include the following.
- Motorola's off-the-shelf, ready to deploy CLP two-way radio is uniquely designed for comfort, durability and ease-of-use to provide reliable, instant push-to-talk (PTT) communication in demanding retail, restaurant and hospitality environments. Measuring the width and length of a standard business card, CLP is the smallest and lightest two-way radio in its class and can be used for requesting a price-check on the retail floor, coordinating hotel employees to instantly respond to concierge or housekeeping requests or assisting diners to the correct seat at a busy restaurant. The CLP can be used both indoors and outdoors and, when paired with the new Motorola RPX Portable Repeater, it provides users with increased coverage to ensure consistent uninterrupted communication.
- Motorola's TEAM badge (EWB100) mobilizes communications by meeting customer demand for high-quality PTT voice connectivity over the enterprise WLAN to mobile workers. Simple to use and weighing less than two ounces, the new EWB100 VoWLAN device streamlines task management and improves productivity - allowing associates to address issues, answer questions, obtain a task or report completion of a task right on the spot. The EWB100 also features the TEAM Express voice client, creating instant interoperability with other TEAM Express devices including a wide range of Motorola voice-enabled mobile computers, TEAM VoWLAN devices and two-way radios (with TEAM Radio Link Solution) to extend communications and the return on investment.
- Motorola's MC3100 series of mobile computers offer advanced computing power, industry-leading data capture options, enterprise-class motion sensing capabilities, and the most versatile form factor for mid-range mobile computing. Designed for key-based and touch-screen applications such as price/stock management, inventory control, returns processing, and shipping and receiving, the MC3100 series will help retailers, streamline business processes, improve employee productivity and enhance customer service and satisfaction.
- Supporting RFID Gen 2 technology, the Motorola MC3090-Z RFID handheld reader incorporates the industry's first dual-axis antenna resulting in longer and wider read ranges for more accurate, rapid capture of tag data - ideal for item-level applications such as retail cycle-counting, inventory and asset tracking. This high-performance RFID handheld reader also provides the ability to scan bar codes - reducing the number of devices organizations need to purchase and manage.
- Retailers can now conduct mobile point of sale (mPOS) transactions with the Mobile Payment Module with Chip and PIN attachment for Motorola's MC70/75 mobile computers. The Mobile Payment Module adds the payment function to the mPOS solution for credit cards with its magnetic stripe reader (MSR), debit cards with its secure manual PIN entry, and now chip and PIN payment cards. It also meets the approvals for the latest global data security standards.
- Rugged mobility solutions aimed at improving the productivity of warehouse workers - Motorola's WT4090 Voice-only Wearable (VOW) Terminal and its RCH50 Rugged Cabled Headset can replace paper-based processes with voice-directed solutions resulting in real-time processing, reduced errors and improved decision making. The WT4090 VOW is a hands-free, voice-directed, task-specific tool that offers comprehensive wireless network connectivity, high-power processing and robust voice features including support for voice-recognition, text-to-speech engines and Voice-over WLAN (VoWLAN). Designed for comfort, hygiene and safety, the ergonomic RCH50 is Motorola's lightweight, cabled headset that provides full shift comfort and enables hands-free, voice-directed mobility solutions.
To learn more about Motorola's enterprise mobility retail solutions or to follow Motorola at NRF, please visit retail.motorola.com.
For multimedia assets from NRF visit the NRF press kit.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/motoretail.
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications and is focused on advancing the way the world connects. From broadband communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility and public safety solutions to high-definition video and mobile devices, Motorola is leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Motorola (NYSE: MOT) had sales of US $30.1 billion in 2008. For more information, please visit www.motorola.com.
Media Contact: Bill Abelson Motorola, Inc. +1.631.738.4751 email@example.com
MOTOROLA and the stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office.
Microsoft, Windows and Windows Mobile are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © Motorola, Inc. 2010
SOURCE Motorola, Inc.