SCHAUMBURG, Ill., Oct. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- The Motorola Solutions business of Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today announced its newest device management solution – Mobility Services Platform 3 (MSP3) Control Edition. Providing enterprise customers with complete control over mobile devices and peripheral, MSP3 Control Edition centralizes device management capabilities to help maximize uptime, increase mobile worker productivity and reduce IT expenditures.
- MSP3 Control Edition supports Motorola and non-Motorola mobile devices, as well as peripherals such as printers, debit and credit card readers and biometric fingerprint readers for complete mobility-wide management.
- MSP3 Control Edition provides true end-to-end control with three core capabilities:
- Staging redefines the out-of-the-box experience by helping to ensure devices are ready to use the moment they power on.
- Provisioning allows the automatic updating of operating systems, firmware, applications, configurations and more.
- Control provides the day-to-day management functions needed for anywhere, anytime access to the information required to proactively monitor and analyze device performance as well as quickly identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Access to metrics about device, network and battery utilization along with application, operating system and firmware versions provide the visibility required to remotely identify and resolve device issues. And if devices have integrated GPS capability, visibility into the GPS information allows organizations to pinpoint the location of any device at any time for the most complete asset tracking functionality available today.
- MSP3 Control Edition helps reduce IT expenditures by eliminating the need to physically handle devices – minimizing management time and increasing workforce productivity. It also allows administrators to monitor key performance indicators and tolerance thresholds to simplify management, while on-screen reports ensure staff is immediately alerted when devices are out of compliance.
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager of Converged Enterprise Communications, Motorola Solutions
"Motorola Solutions offers the industry's most comprehensive enterprise mobile device management solution – enabling organizations of all sizes to centrally manage mobile assets around the world. MSP3 Control Edition provides real-time remote device control to improve mobile worker productivity and increase device reliability."
Product Information: www.motorola.com/MSPsoftware
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications and is focused on advancing the way the world connects. From broadband communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility and public safety solutions to mobile and wireline digital communication devices that provide compelling experiences, Motorola is leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Motorola (NYSE: MOT) had sales of US $22 billion in 2009. For more information, please visit www.motorola.com.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license.
All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 Motorola, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Motorola, Inc.