ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- IACP – The Motorola Solutions business of Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today introduced two Service Automation solutions for ASTRO 25 radio systems that are designed to efficiently and cost-effectively provide better security for communication systems.
- Service Automation is a means to reduce cycle time and costs associated with the required staging, maintenance and upgrade phases of a communication system's lifecycle.
- Seamless Password Management uses encryption and Motorola's secure Service Automation infrastructure to periodically change passwords throughout the system for compliancy and security purposes.
- It provides a more secure system with less risk by mitigating threats that are associated with some static passwords and accelerates system troubleshooting and resolution by preventing equipment lockout due to misplaced, forgotten, or expired credentials.
- Solution seamlessly delivers central password management, consisting of credential storage, change control, and tracking, while also providing a single point of contact through the Motorola System Support Center for system password needs.
- Automated Patch Management automatically delivers required software patches and updates at regular intervals to increase security throughout network components and help ensure continuity of operations across the entire network.
- The automated approach helps improve operational efficiency, minimizes risks of attacks, allows better use of technical resources, and reduces total cost of ownership.
- The patch solution also enables remote fixes and helps improve network stability and uptime, resulting in higher service levels and service quality.
- Both services can help customers adhere to government Information Assurance requirements and compliance mandates.
Password Management and Automated Patch Management are among the Motorola Next Generation Public Safety solutions being featured in Motorola Booth #2947 at the International Association of Chiefs of Police Conference through Oct. 26 in Orlando.
Tony Marshall, vice president, Systems Integration and Services, Motorola Solutions
"Next-generation public safety networks demand more complex solutions. Maintaining a secure ASTRO 25 network and complying with strict Information Assurance requirements can be a challenge for public safety customers who need to mitigate the risk of threats and vulnerabilities to maintain effective control of their system operations. Motorola's Password Management and Automated Patch Management services ensure the security and reliability of customers' networks. They also lower the costs of planning, designing, deploying, integrating, securing, maintaining and managing their networks."
Website: Motorola Solutions Services
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications and is focused on advancing the way the world connects. From broadband communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility and public safety solutions to mobile and wireline digital communication devices that provide compelling experiences, Motorola is leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Motorola (NYSE: MOT) had sales of US $22 billion in 2009. For more information, please visit www.motorola.com.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 Motorola, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Motorola, Inc.