PURCHASE, N.Y., May 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Mountain Dew® (DEW) confirmed its partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures' and Legendary Pictures' highly anticipated summer blockbuster "The Dark Knight Rises" with activations that will quench the thirst of both DEW and Dark Knight fans. Luring fans deep into Gotham City through an exclusive digital experience, DEW will unveil exclusive content and storylines from "The Dark Knight Rises" to eager fans before the film's opening day, July 20. And DEW itself will take a dark spin – with a Dark Knight graphic takeover of base packaging and temperature-sensitive cans that change when chilled, to Mtn Dew Dark Berry, a new limited-edition mixed berry flavor inspired by the Caped Crusader.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/56108-mtn-dew-limited-edition-dark-berry-the-dark-knight-rises-exclusive-content
"Mountain Dew is all about fueling passion and that is what this partnership is based on," said Brett O'Brien, Vice President of Marketing for Mountain Dew. "You'd be hard-pressed to find more passionate fans than those of DEW and The Dark Knight franchise. Our goal is to offer those fans unique experiences -- from package and product innovation to exclusive content and access that only DEW and Batman together could provide."
Mountain Dew's "The Dark Knight Rises" 360-degree campaign will include:
- A new limited-time-only flavor, Mtn Dew Dark Berry, inspired by "The Dark Knight Rises," available nationwide for 8 weeks beginning in mid June.
- Select 16-oz cans of DEW will receive a face-lift of the thermochromic variety. The special cans will use thermochromic ink to feature a bat symbol that transforms to the distinctive green color of DEW when chilled. The limited-time 16 oz. cans will hit shelves in mid June.
- The unveil of DEWGothamCity.com, an online destination designed to give fans unprecedented access into the world of "The Dark Knight Rises," including exclusive sneak peeks of movie content and storylines. The experience will launch June 18.
- Fans that participate in the DEW Gotham City experience and enter product codes from 20 oz., and 2-liter bottles, 12-pack and 24-pack and Fountain Cups will earn points to redeem for DEW or "The Dark Knight Rises" gear or for sweepstakes entries for a chance to win exclusive prizes.
- Diet Mountain Dew driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr., will give (and get) a first taste of the Dark Knight. Members of the DEW Crew, an extension of the #88 team fueled by Diet Mountain Dew, will be asked to vote to select which of four Dark Knight paint schemes will appear on Dale's #88 Chevrolet this season. Voting begins at www.dewcrew.com on May 12.
- In-store point-of-purchase displays in retailers nationwide.
- Robust cable, primetime TV, radio and digital advertising, launching June 18, will drive mass campaign awareness.
More information regarding the brand's partnership with "The Dark Knight Rises" will roll out in the coming weeks. In the meantime visit facebook.com/mountaindew or follow @mtn_dew on Twitter.
About Mountain Dew
Mountain Dew, a product of PepsiCo Americas Beverages, is the No. 1 flavored carbonated soft drink in the U.S. With its one-of-a-kind citrus taste, Mountain Dew exhilarates and quenches with every sip. In addition to original Mountain Dew® and Diet Mountain Dew®, the permanent DEW product line includes Mountain Dew Code Red®, Mountain Dew LiveWire®, Mountain Dew Throwback®, Mountain Dew Voltage® and Mountain Dew White Out®. For more information, check out www.mountaindew.com, www.facebook.com/mountaindew or follow on twitter @mtn_dew.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.
About "The Dark Knight Rises"
Opening in theatres and IMAX on July 20, 2012, "The Dark Knight Rises" stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Morgan Freeman. Christopher Nolan directed the film from a screenplay by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven are the producers, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull serving as executive producers, and Jordan Goldberg co-producing. "The Dark Knight Rises" is based upon Batman characters created by Bob Kane and published by DC Comics.
Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Legendary Pictures, a Syncopy Production, a Film by Christopher Nolan, "The Dark Knight Rises," to be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company. The film has been rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, some sensuality and language. www.thedarkknightrises.com