LONDON, Dec. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This BCC Research report provides the necessary insights on the multi-touch industry with respect to current market and forecasted market for next five years. Due to the rapidly growing smartphone market, multi-touch technology is expected to become mainstream technology for major handheld devices.
Use this report to:
- Learn about current and future applications in which multi-touch screens are utilized.
- Examine the multi-touch technology market's drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Gain information on agreements, partnerships, awards, strategic alliances, research and development, and mergers and acquisitions.
- The global multi-touch technology market, valued at about $3 billion in 2012, is expected to increase to nearly $3.5 billion in 2013 and to $7.3 billion by 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16% over the five-year period from 2013 through 2018.
- The North American market accounted for nearly $1.3 billion in 2012. This region is predicted to increase to $1.4 billion by 2013. With a CAGR of 8.6% from 2013 to 2018 the market should reach $2.1 billion by 2018.
- BCC Research estimates that the Asia-pacific region, with a CAGR of 23.1% from 2013 to 2018, will reach $2.2 billion by 2018 from $781 million in 2013.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This market research report:
- Measures and forecasts the market for multi-touch technology and its market segments.
- Analyzes all factors that are affecting or might affect the growth of the market for multi-touch technology and market dynamics.
- Provides decision makers within the market researched key market data and intelligence that aids strategic decision making related to resource allocation and
future business direction.
- Provides competitive intelligence from company profiles and market share analysis.
- Report content enables readers to devise revenue growth strategies from the market size and forecast data.
- Provides information on key growth strategies for companies in the multi-touch market provided through analysis of the competitive landscape.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
The multi-touch interface is a fast emerging accessibility option available today, and it is fast replacing keypads. Multi-touch is typically associated with capacitive touch
screen displays rather than with the more common resistive touch screen displays. "Natural user interface" is the term used by designers and developers of computer
interfaces to refer to a user interface that is effectively invisible, or becomes invisible with successive learned interactions, to its users. This report provides the necessary
insights on the multi-touch industry with respect to current market and forecasted market for next five years. Due to the rapidly growing smartphone market, multi-touch
technology is expected to become mainstream technology for major handheld devices.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This report examines the global market for touch screen technologies used in various products, including smartphones, tablets, e-readers, laptop/notebook computers,
televisions and various types of displays. This report is segmented into sections covering products, technologies and applications. The technology section is segmented
into transparent touch screen and opaque touch screen technologies. The product market is segmented into consumer electronics products, IT products and miscellaneous products. The application segment is divided into consumer applications, enterprise applications and miscellaneous applications. The market by region is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of world (ROW). Multi-touch technology market size estimates and forecasts are provided for each
region for the period of 2012 to 2018.
This report is intended for vendors who supply multi-touch modules for use in OEM products such as smartphones, tablets, e-readers, laptop/notebooks, televisions and
displays (LCD, OLED, AMOLED, PMOLED, P-OLED, LCOS), consultants concerned with consumer durables and consultants involved in electronics and displays.
BCC Research collects its data through primary and secondary sources after which an analysis is performed on the data collected. The report presents an analysis of the various multi-touch technologies by product and application. BCC Research also conducts a number of surveys, based on which industry growth in relation to the growth of each multi-touch technology is analyzed. Growth rates and forecast shipments are estimated to 2018.
BCC Research interviewed more than 100 companies in order to obtain the data for this report. The interviewed participants included display manufacturers, multi-touch
module aggregators, software solution providers, resellers, final product manufacturers, suppliers, deposition service providers, industrial and consumer product manufacturing companies and various end users of products using multi-touch technology. Additional data was obtained from trade associations, industry and financial sources.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2354698/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/multi-touch-technology-applications-and-global-markets-300012034.html