REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Genomic Health, Inc. (Nasdaq: GHDX) today announced that results from four Oncotype DX® studies will be presented at the 2015 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting, which will take place May 29-June 2 at McCormick Place in Chicago. The results highlight the following:
- Evidence regarding the impact of positive or uncertain surgical margins on the strong association of the Oncotype DX DCIS Score™ with the likelihood of local recurrence in patients with a pre-invasive form of breast cancer known as DCIS (ductal carcinoma in situ).
- Report by the investigators of the large National Cancer Institute (NCI)-sponsored Trial Assigning IndividuaLized Options for Treatment (Rx), or TAILORx, on the baseline distribution of Oncotype DX Recurrence Score® results in different racial and ethnic groups of patients.
- The importance of utilizing multiple biological pathways to predict tumor behavior in prostate cancer.
Results of the studies will be presented as follows (all times are Central Daylight Time) and abstracts are now available at http://abstracts.asco.org:
Saturday, May 30
- Title: "Correlation between the DCIS Score and traditional clinicopathologic features in the prospectively-designed Ontario population-based validation study" (Abstract #581) Authors: Rakovitch E, Nofech-Mozes S, Hanna W, Baehner FL, Saskin R, Butler SM, Tuck A, Sengupta S, Elavathil L, Jani PA, Bonin M, Chang MC, Robertson S, Slodkowska E, Fong CH, Anderson JM, Jamshidian F, Cherbavaz DB, Shak S, Paszat L. Location: S Hall A; Poster Board #70 Time: 8 – 11:30 a.m.
- Title: "Risk after local excision alone for DCIS patients" (Abstract #1013) Authors: Rakovitch E, Nofech-Mozes S, Hanna W, Baehner FL, Saskin R, Butler SM, Tuck A, Sengupta S, Elavathil L, Jani PA, Bonin M, Chang MC, Robertson S, Slodkowska E, Fong CH, Anderson JM, Jamshidian F, Cherbavaz DB, Shak S, Paszat L. Poster Discussion Session Location and Time: N Hall B1; 3 – 4:15 p.m. Poster Location and Time: S Hall A; 8 – 11:30 a.m.; Poster Board #127
- Title: "Recurrence score and clinicopathologic characteristics of TAILORx participants by race and ethnicity" (Abstract #533) Authors: Rubinstein M, Gray RJ, Sparano JA, Zujewski J, Whelan TJ, Albain KS, Hayes DF, Geyer CE, Dees EC, Perez EA, Keane MM, Vallejos C, Goggins TF, Mayer IA, Brufsky A, Toppmeyer D, Kaklamani VG, Atkins JN, Berenberg JL, Sledge GW. Location: S Hall A; Poster Board #21 Time: 8 – 11:30 a.m.
- Title: "Evaluation of the contribution of individual gene groups to a 17-gene prognostic prostate cancer signature" (Abstract #5060) Authors: Knezevic D, Ruixiao L, Burke E, Rothney M, Zhang N, Lawrence HJ, Febbo P. Location: S Hall A; Poster Board #54 Time: 1:15 – 4:45 p.m.
About Oncotype DX® The Oncotype DX® portfolio of breast, colon and prostate cancer tests applies advanced genomic science to reveal the unique biology of a tumor in order to optimize cancer treatment decisions. With half a million patients tested in more than 80 countries, the Oncotype DX tests have redefined personalized medicine by making genomics a critical part of cancer diagnosis and treatment. To learn more about Oncotype DX tests, visit www.OncotypeDX.com, www.mybreastcancertreatment.org and www.myprostatecancertreatment.org.
About Genomic Health Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of early-stage cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. The company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of massive amounts of genomic data into clinically-actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient's journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with European headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements relating to the benefits and attributes of the company's tests. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially, and reported results should not be considered as an indication of future performance. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: the risks and uncertainties associated with the regulation of the company's tests; the results of clinical studies; the applicability of clinical study results to actual outcomes; the risk that the company may not obtain or maintain sufficient levels of reimbursement, domestically or abroad, for its existing tests and any future tests it may develop; the risks of competition; unanticipated costs or delays in research and development efforts; and the other risks set forth in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the risks set forth in the company's quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2015. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. Genomic Health disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
NOTE: The Genomic Health logo, Oncotype, Oncotype DX, Recurrence Score, and DCIS Score are trademarks or registered trademarks of Genomic Health, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Genomic Health, Inc.