MOSCOW, Nov. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The recently formed Muslim Jewish Leadership Council in Europe, MJLC, condemns in the strongest terms the horrific terrorist attacks in Paris, sends its condolences to the families of the victims, prayers for the recovery of the injured, and expresses its solidarity with the people of France. Such outrageous deeds especially when they are done in the name of religion are the ultimate acts of impiety and desecration of the religion in whose name they are perpetrated. For our religions affirm the sanctity of human life and are totally opposed to any acts of violence against innocent people.
Especially in the face of such inhumanity, we pledge ourselves to doing everything in our power to affirm our religious teachings regarding the sanctity of human life and to promote respect and cooperation between all people of different persuasions and backgrounds, and in particular between the religious communities of our world.
About the Muslim Jewish Leadership Council (MJLC)
The MJLC is the first European platform for Muslim leaders and Jewish religious authorities to proactively advocate the protection of religious freedom in Europe.
The Muslim-Jewish Leadership Council in independent association makes these commitments to:
- To instill trust and amity between our communities,
- To better uphold our common values of tolerance, mutual respect, honesty, empathy, non-violence and solidarity,
- To combat religious prejudice,
- To correct stereotypes, and
- To preserve religious freedoms, such as the freedom to practice religions rituals, build places of worship, provide religious education.
The members of the MJLC adopted this "Coexistence Charter" pledge:
- To serve as a model of peaceful coexistence for our communities and for all people of good will,
- To encourage dialogue and solidarity among and within our communities,
- To support the peaceful coexistence of all religions through dialogue, by demanding and promulgating respectful and accurate depictions of religions, by supporting and facilitating frequent interaction among people of different national, cultural and religious identities,
- To actively support reconciliation in support of peaceful coexistence in Europe,
- To reject all forms of violence and racism,
- To denounce and reject all forms of terrorism,
- To oppose and condemn any call to violence in the name of religion, and
- To condemn any attempt to segregate or to exclude any religious group through hate speech.
SOURCE Muslim Jewish Leadership Council in Europe