NEW YORK, July 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Looking for an entertaining book this summer? In his recently published anecdotal autobiography My Top 40 at 40: Making the First Half Count, A Modern Man's Story Collection (www.MyTop40at40.com, XK Productions), Kari Loya shares 40 favorite personal stories, spanning six continents and two decades, that will make you laugh, dream, and inspire you to start writing your own stories.
"Loya's tales sparkle with the enthusiasm of a man who enjoys life, embraces adventure, and relishes sharing a good story," remarks Eric Greitens, The New York Times bestselling author of The Heart and the Fist. "Buckle up! Loya takes you down an adventure-packed road, so rich and diverse in experience, you will want to leap into the world and explore," writes Peter McBride, award-winning photographer, writer, and filmmaker for National Geographic, Smithsonian, and Outside Magazine.
This easy-to-read collection takes you to colorful settings, presents larger-than-life characters and celebrities, and provides insightful reflections. Each story also contains "Bonus Adventures" allowing you to link to images, videos, audio commentaries, and other engaging multimedia content. Ten of his Top 40 wide-ranging adventures are:
- "An Olympic Summer" about interning with Nike Spain during the 1992 Barcelona Games
- "Teach For America" about three years teaching in the inner city as part of this national corps
- "A Guatemalan Adventure" about climbing volcanoes and sleeping on pyramids
- "The Voice of God" about meeting the late King of Voice-overs, Don LaFontaine
- "Losing My Speedo Virginity" about donning a Speedo in Rio de Janeiro
- "The Sporting Man's Tour of Europe" about a whirlwind trip to Wimbledon, Henley, Pamplona, and the Tour de France
- "A Test to See What You're Made of" about competing in Ironman New Zealand and meeting the Ironman triathlon founder
- "My Date with the IRS" about surviving an audit
- "Crossing the Andes on Horseback" about a six-day, epic adventure in South America
- "Anatomy of a 007 Wedding" about his unique wedding invitation and three-day James Bond theme wedding in Argentina
Loya, who has voiced everything from Olympic promos to in-flight videos for many Fortune 500 companies including NBC, Delta, and L'Oreal, is already recording the audiobook version, available later this summer. Fluent in Spanish and Portuguese, Loya will soon release an e-book in Spanish while the Portuguese-language version will be released in 2013.
Loya holds an MBA from Columbia University and graduated magna cum laude from Dartmouth College with a BA in History. Since 2003, he has also served as the Director of Development for The Dwight School, a prestigious international school in New York City with campuses in London, Vancouver Island, Beijing, and Seoul. When asked how he managed to find time to complete this book project, he replied smiling, "I make every minute count!" He wrote the majority of the book during his daily commute. Loya lives outside New York City with his wife and daughter. The book is now available via Amazon (amzn.to/MTclRr), Barnes & Noble (bit.ly/MukxnQ), and Ingram as a Hardcover ($24.95, 252 pages, ISBN: 978-0-9847637-0-2) and as a Kindle e-book in English ($9.95, ISBN: 978-0-9847637-2-6). You can also learn more at YouTube (bit.ly/LBWuRC) and Facebook (on.fb.me/Knr1X6).
SOURCE Kari Loya