BEDFORD HEIGHTS, Ohio, Nov. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The mouse created a revolution in computing upon its release, but little about the device has changed since then. The Mycestro, a wearable, wireless 3D mouse worn on the finger, delivers a groundbreaking product to this long stagnant market. Innovative Devices today announced the general availability of the Mycestro, delivering all of the same functionality as a traditional mouse with increased mobility. To learn more, visit: www.mycestro.com.
Using hand gestures and thumb actions, Mycestro wearers are able to enjoy:
- Plug-and-play functionality: The Mycestro works with any software or application that a person would normally use with a mouse on their computer, tablet or other device. It works out of the box with Windows, Apple, Linux and Android operating systems.
- Compact, lightweight design: At only a half-ounce, the Mycestro will not interfere with a user's typing or writing.
- Unrestricted experience: The Mycestro is unrestricted to physical surfaces, making it ideal for airplanes, hospital rooms, crowded meetings and other cramped environments. The Mycestro will work up to 30 feet from its dongle, plugged into the USB port of the device under control, and a full battery charge will last about eight hours of normal use.
- Good news for tired hands: The Mycestro has the potential to alleviate some types of repetitive stress injuries associated with overuse of traditional computer mice.
- Ultimate control: Mycestro users are able to download the free Control App for Windows or OS X operating systems to customize and fine-tune control of their device. Updates to the firmware provide enhancements to the battery life, improved cursor calibration and more. The Control App is available at: http://www.mycestro.com/product-category/downloads/
Stephanie Takai, CEO, Innovative Devices, said: "Our founder and CTO, Nick Mastandrea, set out to create a more intuitive and less disruptive way of interacting with our computers after watching a businessman struggle to use his mouse on a plane. From our incredible reception on Kickstarter through the development process, it has been exciting for all of us at Innovative Devices to be participating in the launch of a transformative technology. We are thrilled to be making the Mycestro widely available, freeing people from their desks and improving how users interact with their devices."
About Innovative Devices Inc.
Innovative Devices Inc. (formerly Innovative Developments, LLC) is the home of the Mycestro, a wearable human-computer interaction device capable of gesture control and 3D motion. Launched on Kickstarter in February 2013, the Mycestro raised the largest fund at the time for an Ohio project. The Mycestro is compatible with Windows, OS X, Linux and Android operating systems. Innovative Devices is proud to be headquartered in the greater Cleveland area of Northeast Ohio. For more information please visit http://www.mycestro.com or call 216-916-1100.
SOURCE Innovative Devices Inc.