HAMILTON, Bermuda, Oct. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Myovant Sciences Ltd., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women's health diseases and other endocrine-related disorders, including advanced prostate cancer, today announced additions to its Board of Directors.
"I am delighted to be working with this renowned team as Myovant seeks to develop innovative new treatments for patients suffering from hormone-driven diseases and disorders," said Lynn Seely, M.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Myovant Sciences, Inc. "We look forward to advancing the clinical development of our lead product candidate, relugolix, into Phase 3 clinical development in multiple indications, including for women suffering from uterine fibroids and endometriosis and for men with advanced prostate cancer."
Board of Directors Comprised of Biopharmaceutical and Healthcare Industry Veterans
Myovant Sciences Ltd.'s Board of Directors includes:
- Kathleen Sebelius. Ms. Sebelius previously served as U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services, where she presided over 11 operating divisions, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Food and Drug Administration and the National Institutes of Health and oversaw the passage and implementation of the Affordable Care Act. Before that, she served as governor of Kansas. Earlier in her career, she held the position of Kansas Insurance Commissioner and was a member of the Kansas House of Representatives. She currently serves on the Board of Directors of Dermira, Inc., Humacyte, Inc., Grand Rounds, Inc., and Hampton Creek, Inc. She received her B.A. in political science from Trinity Washington University and her Master of Public Administration from the University of Kansas.
- Wayne S. DeVeydt. Mr. DeVeydt previously served as the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Anthem, Inc. Prior to assuming that role, Mr. DeVeydt was Anthem's Senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer and also served as Chief of Staff to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Prior to joining Anthem, he served as an audit partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, focused on companies in the national managed care and insurance industries. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of NiSource Inc. He received his B.S. in business administration from the University of Missouri in St. Louis.
- Mark Altmeyer. Mr. Altmeyer is the President and Chief Commercial Officer for Axovant Sciences, Inc. Before joining Axovant, Mr. Altmeyer served as Chief Executive Officer and President of Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. Prior to Otsuka, he served in a number of executive leadership roles at Bristol-Myers Squibb, including Senior Vice President, Global Commercialization and senior vice president, Neuroscience Business Unit, during the approval and launch of ABILIFY® (aripiprazole). He received his B.A. from Middlebury College and his M.B.A. from Harvard Business School.
- Keith Manchester, M.D. Dr. Manchester is a Managing Director and head of Life Sciences for QVT Financial LP. Dr. Manchester focuses on investments in both publicly-traded and privately-owned life sciences companies. Prior to that, he was Director of business development at Applied Molecular Evolution, Inc., a biotechnology company. He has previously served as an associate at Vestar Capital Partners, a private equity firm and as an investment banker in the healthcare group at Goldman, Sachs & Co. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of Roivant Sciences Ltd. and Arbutus Biopharma Corporation. He received his A.B. from Harvard College and his M.D. from Harvard Medical School.
- Vivek Ramaswamy. Mr. Ramaswamy is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Roivant Sciences, Inc., and Chief Executive Officer of Axovant Sciences, Inc. Prior to founding Roivant, Mr. Ramaswamy was an investor in the biotechnology sector. In 2007, he co-founded and served as President of Campus Venture Network, a technology company that was acquired in 2009. He currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Arbutus Biopharma Corporation and as a member of the Board of Directors of Axovant Sciences Ltd. and Roivant Sciences Ltd. He received an A.B. summa cum laude in biology from Harvard College and a J.D. from Yale Law School.
- Lynn Seely, M.D. Dr. Seely is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Myovant Sciences, Inc. Dr. Seely is an endocrinologist with over 20 years of drug development experience and biopharmaceutical company leadership. Before joining Myovant, Dr. Seely served as Chief Medical Officer of Medivation, Inc. from 2005-2015 and led the development of XTANDI® (enzalutamide) for the treatment of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer from IND-enabling studies through to NDA approval and post-approval clinical studies. Dr. Seely currently serves on the Board of Directors of Blueprint Medicines Corporation. She completed her residency in internal medicine at Yale-New Haven Hospital and a basic science and clinical fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism at the University of California, San Diego.
About Myovant Sciences Ltd.
Myovant Sciences Ltd. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women's health diseases and other endocrine-related disorders, including advanced prostate cancer. The company's lead product candidate is relugolix, an oral once-daily small molecule that acts as a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist. Myovant plans to initiate three multinational Phase 3 clinical programs for relugolix, one in women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids, a second in women with endometriosis-associated pain, and in men with advanced prostate cancer.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding Myovant's ability to advance the clinical development of its lead product candidate, relugolix, into Phase 3 clinical development in multiple indications. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially and reported results should not be considered as an indication of future performance. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to risks associated with the success, cost and timing of the company's product development activities and clinical trials. These forward-looking statements are based on information available to Myovant as of the date of this press release and speak only as of the date of this release. Myovant disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements, except as may be required by law.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/myovant-sciences-announces-appointment-of-board-of-directors-300343307.html
SOURCE Myovant Sciences Ltd.