COSTA MESA, Calif., Sept. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- NADAguides, the leading vehicle pricing and information provider on the Internet today, releases its Quarterly Car Buyers Market Report, which features nine current models from nine different manufactures – Audi, BMW, Chevrolet, Ford, GMC, Hyundai, Land Rover, Toyota and Volkswagen – earning placement within NADAguides Top Recommended Current Buys.
- Based on an in-depth analysis of depreciation value, current incentives and rebates, warranty, assistance services and features, the analysts at NADAguides announce the following vehicles as Top Recommended Current Buys in the Car Buyers Market Report: the 2011 Audi S5, 2012 BMW 6 Series, 2012 Chevrolet Colorado, 2012 Ford Mustang, 2011 GMC Terrain, 2012 Hyundai Tucson, 2011 Land Rover LR4, 2011 Toyota Venza and the 2012 Volkswagen CC.
- More so than ever, consumers are looking for the best deals when it comes to larger purchases such as a new car. The NADAguides Car Buyers Market Report is intended to spotlight new cars currently on the market that have more to offer than a rock bottom price for consumers. Vehicle offerings taken into account in the Car Buyers Market Report analysis include low first-year ownership depreciation value of 21 percent or less, basic warranty (36,000 mile warranty or higher), above average features that make driving more pleasurable, road-side assistance programs (required to be considered), financing incentives*, a competitive MSRP within the segment and day supply** product availability.
*Financial incentives stated are based on California data.
**Day supply refers to the number of units currently in inventory divided by the average number of unit sales of that vehicle per month. The result is the estimated number of days of supply of that particular vehicle.
- Troy Snyder, director of product development at NADAguides: "These nine vehicles offer value and features that many consumers are starting to expect from automotive manufacturers at lower price points. What was previously only available in luxury segment vehicles is now starting to become standard across all types of makes and models. These features, coupled with a great warranty, additional customer services such as free maintenance, and competitive incentives are making many new vehicles much more attractive for car buyers. The Car Buyer's Market Report is designed to help consumers determine which vehicles are ones they should definitely consider and these nine vehicles offer a little something for everyone."
Highlights of the Top Recommended Current Buys
- The 2011 Audi S5 was selected as a NADAguides Top Recommended Current Buy based on the vehicle's low first year depreciation rate, 19 percent, combined with great incentives, and the vehicle's warranty and other ancillary services. Audi is currently offering 0.9 percent financing for 36 months, 1.4 percent on 48 months, 1.9 percent on 60 months and 4.69 percent financing on 72 months, and with a 38 day supply of inventory as of August 2011 now is a great time for consumers to find a great deal on the 2011 Audi S5. Additionally, the 2011 Audi S5 comes with a four year, 50,000 mile warranty that also includes 24 hour roadside assistance during the same time period. Starting MSRP for the 2011 Audi S5 2 door coupe manual prestige is $53,650, while the 2 door cabriolet premium plus starts at $59,050. This fun to drive vehicle with 354 horsepower comes with numerous safety features, a 14-speaker Bang and Olufsen audio system, navigation and many other value added features.
- A 19 percent first year depreciation combined with a great warranty and ancillary service program make the all-new 2012 BMW 6 Series a NADAguides Top Recommended Current Buy. BMW is currently offering 3.9 percent financing on 36 to 72 months and all 2012 BMWs come standard with a four year, 50,000 mile warranty and BMW's Ultimate Maintenance program, which covers all regular maintenance during the same time period. Starting MSRP for the 2012 BMW 6 Series 2 door coupe 650i is $83,000, while the 2 door convertible 650i starts at $90,500 and with a 43 day supply of inventory the 2012 BMW 6 Series should be readily available at dealerships. Although higher in price than the other Top Recommended Current Buys, the 2012 BMW 6 Series is competitively priced within its category while the high-tech safety features, 400 horsepower and ultra-smooth drive make it a fun to drive vehicle with added value.
- The 2012 Chevrolet Colorado offers a 17 percent first year depreciation rate and a very competitive starting MSRP of $17,395 for the 2WD regular cab work truck. Chevrolet is currently offering $2,500 cash back or 5.9 percent financing for 72 months. The vehicle comes with a three year, 36,000 mile warranty and all new Chevrolet vehicles come with a 100,000 mile, five year roadside assistance and courtesy transportation program. The 2012 Chevrolet Colorado offers a variety of body, powertrain and equipment options allowing the customer to select a model suitable for their specific needs. A 67 day supply of inventory combined with impressive safety equipment and Chevrolet's OnStar make this vehicle an excellent NADAguides Top Recommended Current Buy for truck buyers.
- With a mere 12 percent first year depreciation rate and a competitive price within its category, the 2012 Ford Mustang is a NADAguides Top Recommended Current Buy. MSRP for the 2012 Ford Mustang starts at $22,310 for the 2 door coupe, while the 2 door convertible Shelby GT500 starts at $53,810. Ford is currently offering $500 cash back or 3.9 percent financing for 72 months and the 2012 Ford Mustang has a 60 day supply of inventory as of August 2011. The 2012 Ford Mustang also comes with a three year, 36,000 mile warranty and all new Ford vehicles come with a five year, 60,000 mile roadside assistance program. High-performance, excitement, horsepower and speed combined with the great starting price make the 2012 Ford Mustang a great choice for muscle car customers.
- The 2011 GMC Terrain starts at a very competitive MSRP of $24,500 and has a first year depreciation rate of 18 percent. GMC is currently offering 2.9 percent financing for 36 months, 3.9 percent for 48 months, 4.9 percent for 60 months and 5.9 percent financing for 72 months. The 2011 GMC Terrain comes with a three year, 36,000 mile warranty along with a five year, 100,000 mile roadside assistance and courtesy transportation program. As of August 2011 there was a 42 day supply of the 2011 GMC Terrain on dealer lots, combined with features such as OnStar, XM satellite radio and more the 2011 GMC Terrain is a NADAguides Top Recommended Current Buy.
- With technology features such as a touch-screen navigation system, rearview camera, hands-free phone system and a long list of safety features the 2012 Hyundai Tucson is loaded at a great starting MSRP of $19,045 for the FWD 4 door manual GL, while the AWD 4 door auto limited starts at $26,395. The first year depreciation rate for the 2012 Hyundai Tucson is an estimated 18 percent and with Hyundai's trade-in guarantee consumers can be certain what price they will get for trade-in when it comes time. The 2012 Hyundai Tucson comes with a five year, 60,000 mile warranty along with roadside assistance for the same time period making it a NADAguides Top Recommended Current Buy.
- The 2011 Land Rover LR4 has a 17 percent first year depreciation rate and a starting MSRP of $47,650 for the 4WD four door V8, making it a NADAguides Top Recommended Current Buy. A DVD-player/navigation and premium sound system, 375 horsepower and a comprehensive airbag system combine to make the 2011 Land Rover LR4 a great choice for consumers. With a 44 day supply of inventory and 0.9 percent financing on 36 months now is a great time to buy. The 2011 Land Rover LR4 comes with a four year, 50,000 mile warranty along with roadside assistance during the same time period and the first scheduled maintenance free of charge.
- The 2011 Toyota Venza offers a 20 percent first year depreciation rate and a competitive starting MSRP of $27,125 for the four door wagon I4 FWD, while the four door wagon V6 AWD starts at $30,400. Toyota offers multiple packages that allow the consumer to customize to their liking including a security package, convenience package, lighting package, leather package, comfort package, premium package or tow prep package. All new Toyota vehicles come with Toyota's Star Safety System, a three year, 36,000 mile warranty, ToyotaCare free maintenance program for two years, 25,000 miles and roadside assistance during that same time period. With a 39 day supply of inventory on dealer lots as of August 2011 and Toyota currently offering $1,000 cash back or zero percent financing for 36 months, 1.9 percent on 48 to 60 months the 2011 Toyota Venza is a NADAguides Top Recommended Current Buy and now is a great time for consumers to get a great deal.
- The 2012 Volkswagen CC has a first year depreciation rate of 18 percent and is competitively priced in its category with a starting MSRP of $28,515 for the four door sedan manual sport, while the four door sedan executive 4Motion limited availability starts at $40,390. Volkswagen is currently offering zero percent financing for 36 to 60 months or 1.9 percent on 72 months. The 2012 Volkswagen CC comes with a three year, 36,000 mile warranty and Volkswagen's CareFree Maintenance program for the same time period. With a 33 day supply of inventory, great safety features such as intelligent crash response and technology such as a touch-screen navigation system the 2012 Volkswagen CC makes the NADAguides Top Recommended Car Buys.
About the NADAguides Car Buyers Market Report
The NADAguides Car Buyers Market Report is a timely report that is the compilation of hundreds of thousands of new car data points and market information. To determine the Top Recommended Current Buys, the NADAguides' market analytics team develops a list of the top new cars in consideration based on first-year ownership depreciation value of 20 percent or less, competitive MSRP, manufacturer warranty, current financing incentives, additional product features and day supply product availability. The NADAguides Current Car Buyers Market Report is an ongoing study, tracking and reporting on the best current new car buys for the consumer marketplace to help with the new car buying process.
NADAguides (http://www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.