LONDON, May 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This BCC Research report provides detailed product analyses within health and wellness subsegments to overall industry trends in order to quantify and qualify the market for drug products for treating various disease conditions in both men and women. The applicability of specific types of nanoparticles for specific applications is also discussed. CAGR projections are given from the period 2014 through 2019.
Use this report to:
- Receive a range of information, from detailed product analyses within health and wellness subsegments to overall industry trends in order to quantify and qualify the
market for drug products for treating various disease conditions in both men and women.
- Receive information on specific classes of nanoparticles and the pharmaceutical products associated with them.
- Examine competitive environment with a special focus on how new products will alter the quality of life of patients receiving nanoparticle-associated drugs.
- Learn about the major licensing, collaborative partnerships and, merger and acquisition activities in the industry.
- The global market for nanoparticles in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals reached nearly $25.0 billion in 2013. This market is expected to reach $29.6 billion in 2014 and $79.8 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22.0% for the period of 2014 to 2019.
- Drug delivery systems as a segment is projected to increase from nearly $15.8 billion in 2014 to $44.5 billion by 2019, with a CAGR of 23.0% for the period of 2014 to 2019.
- Drug development and formulation as a segment is projected to increase from nearly $12.6 billion in 2014 to $32.3 billion by 2019, with a CAGR of 20.8% for the period of 2014 to 2019.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This study provides a comprehensive analysis of the market for nanoparticles in the life sciences on a global basis. Particular attention is given to drug development, formulation and the development of new drug delivery systems. Its aim is to provide a range of information, from detailed product analyses within health and wellness
subsegments to overall industry trends in order to quantify and qualify the market for drug products for treating various disease conditions in both men and women. The
applicability of specific types of nanoparticles for specific applications is discussed. Forecasts and trends are developed from a cross-reference of data points gleaned from
proprietary industry sources, company publications, industry benchmarking and other divergent data sources to arrive at a cogent and coordinated forecast.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
For companies with an effective strategy, market opportunities await. Importantly, the ability to develop an effective strategy begins with knowing where opportunity exists
and ends with a plan to effectively execute in order to capture profit from opportunity. The nanoparticle drug/delivery market presents an increasingly significant part of the
overall pharmaceutical product market worldwide. This study investigates the specific classes of nanoparticles and the pharmaceutical products associated with them.
Existing drug products and potential drugs in the pipelines of the major pharmaceutical players in this market are reviewed. Growing health concerns in developing countries
are expected to continue to contribute substantially to market growth through the forecast period (2014 through 2019). This report analyzes emerging markets by
technology category. Continued growth is expected in emerging geographies driven by the health awareness of the growing middle class in emerging countries such as India,
China, Brazil and Russia. This report seeks to address the critically important topics of analyzing a changing market dynamic, emerging players and products, strategies for accessing emerging markets and awareness of specific disease prevalence and geographies thereof in order to allocate resources and make effective decisions.
SCOPE OF REPORT
Current and projected product forecasts during the forecast period of 2014 through 2019 are discussed. New product launches will be discussed. Revenue figures for 2013 are actual figures except where actual results have not been reported due to the timing of this report's release. The report includes analysis of leading and emerging drug products for each nanoparticle type. Profiles of manufacturers of leading products and their specific products are provided. This report also assesses companies poised to introduce products during the forecast period and discusses how these introductions will change the face of the competitive environment. The competitive environment is examined with a special focus on how new products will alter the quality of life of patients receiving nanoparticle-associated drugs. Market figures are based on revenues at the manufacturer level and are projected at 2013-dollar value. Inflation is not computed into the projection figures. Trends are assessed based on projected sales for existing products, for new product introductions, expanded markets for existing products and other factors affecting the market.
Included in this report are forecasts by product, product category and by company from 2012 through 2019. The study is arranged to offer an overview of existing nanoparticle technology and of drug markets; it is accompanied by nanoproduct, company, geography and mechanism of action, with forecasts broken down and covered by geographic region or country. Patent and clinical trial information is reviewed for various candidate nanodrugs. The status of approvals of drugs in each segment by the FDA and regulatory agencies in other countries is reviewed. Figures are reported in U.S. dollars and in each case reflect currency fluctuations within the performance of revenue change. Revenue figures do not account for variation in local currencies. All market share data presented is on a global basis unless specifically noted.
This report is an invaluable tool for business planners, acquisitions specialists, licensing strategists, product managers, market research analysts, investors, investor consultants and anyone interested in the nanoparticle drug market, its products, its industry participants and its future. The importance of identifying overall market trends, product opportunities, emerging geographies, merger and acquisition (M&A) opportunities, and insights that provide guidance for sales growth or defensive moves cannot be overstated for a variety of constituents, including:
- Established companies in the industry shall benefit from the contents, including corporate strategy, sales and marketing, business development and R&D.
- Emerging players in the segment must understand specific opportunities for out-licensing originating from the elements of differentiation of their product or technology as compared to leading, competitive and emerging products. As well, market forecasts can support investment; thorough and detailed substantiation is provided for the market forecast in this study.
- Investment firms evaluating candidates for venture capital or hedged investments will gain insights as to the opportunities and risks that are being encountered in the
industry in a product- and company-specific analysis.
- Equity analysts are provided detailed forecasts for the next five years, substantiated by quantitative analysis that can support further analysis to product and company forecasts over the short and long run.
METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES
In-depth interviews were conducted with leading experts in the field who are executives in companies, industry analysts and leading individuals in the field. The nanoparticle biomedical technology market is comprised of drug products for treatment of an assortment of specific diseases of both men and women. For completeness, the current and forecasted markets are comprised of the total market opportunity for each respective segment. Within each subsection, there are detailed forecasts for each driving mechanism or relevant area of growth. Information to prepare this report was obtained from participating and emerging companies in the nanoparticle area and from the National Institute of Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC), a service of Nat. Inst. of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), National Library of Medicine (NLM, NIH).
Additional information was obtained from a variety of medical and technical journals in the various specialties of the nanoparticle applications. Other sources include: the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, other newspapers, company documents and other websites. Population estimates are based on those reported by the International database of the U.S. Census Bureau. Statistical data was obtained from the World Health Organization (WHO), National Institute of Health (NIH) and WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Statistics Methodology (Norway). Current and historical revenue figures for individual products have been sourced from company disclosures that exist in the public domain or from government sources.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/1009677/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48