AYER, Mass., May 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- More Americans are reaching for plant-based proteins, regardless of dietary restrictions, and tofu is often selected for its versatility and health benefits. To encourage shoppers to enjoy this protein-packed, heart healthy option, Nasoya is teaming up with Chef Chloe Coscarelli, recognized for bringing plant-based cuisine to the mainstream as an award-winning chef and best-selling cookbook author. Debunking the myth that vegan cooking is bland and visually unenticing, Chloe will create appetizing and tasteful recipes made using Nasoya tofu.
"Our goal is to make tofu accessible and appealing to the masses" said Tanja Owen, Nasoya Marketing Director. "By working with Chef Chloe, we're able to provide resources for vegans, vegetarians and flexitarians that put tofu at the center of the plate in an approachable, flavor-forward way."
Seasonally appropriate for grilling season with Memorial Day just a few short weeks away, Chef Chloe has created two unique must-have recipes for your next BBQ: Spicy Chipotle-Mango Tofu Tacos and Greek Sliders + Sriracha-Lime Hummus, both made using Nasoya Extra Firm Tofu.
"I've had a long time love affair with tofu and have been using Nasoya's organic tofu for years. Its superior quality makes it a staple item in my refrigerator and an ingredient I frequently call upon when I'm cooking" said Chef Chloe Coscarelli.
And whether a cooking novice or a vegetarian veteran, Chef Chloe has shared her seven tips for tackling tofu with confidence and ease, including a few recipe hacks:
- Simple swap: Tofu is a wonderful replacement for dairy, in addition to animal proteins. Swap out for eggs, milk and even cheeses leveraging tofu's ricotta-like consistency. More simple swaps can be found here.
- Taste the world: Tofu's subtle flavor makes it the perfect base for exploring different cuisines. Whether you're craving Asian, Greek, Mexican or Italian, you can change the flavor profiles to suit your gastronomic mood.
- Waste less: Nasoya's new Extra Firm Twin Pack is packaged as two separate servings, so you can save the unused portion in a sealed container, or split it up to make two different meals.
- Beyond the block: You don't need to keep tofu in its square format. Dice, chop or crumble to fit your recipe needs.
- Fire up the grill: Hot dogs and burgers aren't the only grill friendly foods for summer. Try firm and extra firm tofu and serve on skewers with dipping sauce or prepare as a healthier patty with condiments of your choosing.
- Breakfast of champions: Believe it or not, tofu can be used in scrambles, smoothies and even baked goods like muffins, adding protein without the fat.
- Mastering the press: Tofu comes packed in water (unless you try ready to eat tofu like TofuBaked) and draining the liquid is key to ensuring the best recipe result. If you don't have a tofu press, you can wrap in paper towels and place cookbooks or heavy pans on top prior to cooking. While draining, prep the rest of your ingredients to save time.
All Nasoya tofu products are USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified. Nasoya tofu is available at grocers nationwide and can be found in the refrigerated case in the produce section or in the dairy aisle. For more information on Nasoya visit www.Nasoya.com or Nasoya's social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Always a resource for tofu education and inspiration, the Nasoya website offers countless tofu recipes, tips and tricks, and helpful blog posts.
For over 30 years, Nasoya has been a leading provider of natural and organic foods. Nasoya was acquired by Pulmuone Foods, a company synonymous with authentic, wholesome products and the highest quality of ingredients. At Nasoya, we believe in creating craveable, healthy, convenient snacks and meals for every eating occasion. Product offerings include Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified tofu, TofuPlus®, TofuBaked, Asian Wraps, Noodles & Dumplings, and low calorie/low carb Pasta Zero shirataki noodles. Learn more at Nasoya.com, Be a Fan! on Facebook or Follow us! on Twitter or Instagram!
ABOUT CHLOE COSCARELLI
First breaking onto the culinary scene as the only vegan chef to capture the top prize on Food Network's Cupcake Wars, Chef Chloe Coscarelli has since been recognized for bringing vegan cuisine to mainstream as an award-winning chef and best-selling cookbook author. Debunking the myth that vegan cooking is bland and visually unenticing, Chloe shares her bright, colorful and tasteful recipes using fresh, healthy ingredients. She has published three best-selling cookbooks, Chloe's Kitchen, Chloe's Vegan Desserts and Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen. The New York Times, Forbes and Zagat have each recognized Chloe in their 30 Under 30 series.