RICHMOND, Va., Aug. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- NASPO ValuePoint, the highest standard of excellence in public cooperative contracting, recently evaluated and awarded contracts for training services in an effort to maximize opportunities for public procurement professionals.
The service categories include training instruction, course customization, and course development in business skills and project management. This contract portfolio is led by the Commonwealth of Virginia with sourcing team member insight from the states of Oklahoma and Hawaii. To emphasize the broad range of professional training available from these contracts and the ability to dynamically customize procurement training course instruction, the name of this contract portfolio has changed immediately from "Training Services for Procurement Professionals" to "Training Services: Instruction, Course Customization & Development."
"The services are intended to provide effective, sustainable, and continuing solutions to participating entities' professional development needs," said Lawrence Shaw, Commonwealth of Virginia, Division of Purchases and Supply.
- Experienced and qualified vendors
- Ability to customize and develop courses to meet an entity's needs
- Potential for customizing certification programs
- Ability to receive CEUs, PDUs and CPE credit
- Multiple training delivery platforms available
The direct benefits of this contract include a comprehensive and diverse list of training courses for the enhancement of professional skills at all levels with course content in the following categories:
- Business Competencies (Ethics, Critical Thinking, Presentation Skills)
- UPPCC Body of Knowledge (Planning, Contract Management, Negotiations)
- Supplier Management (Marketing Analysis, Performance Metrics, Relationship Management)
- Project Management Body of Knowledge (Scope Management, Time Management, Quality Management)
- Supply Chain Management (Logistics, Strategic Sourcing, Marketing)
- Legal Aspects (Practical Applications, Terms & Conditions, Disputes)
The benefits of offering staff training and development include:
- Reenergizing staff members
- Easier succession planning
- Building staff confidence and credibility
- Increased staff retention
- Increased staff job satisfaction levels
For information on the awarded contract providers, visit:
Awarded Contract Providers
- Calyptus Consulting Group, Inc
- Center for Applied Innovation, LLC
- Material and Contract Services, Inc
- National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. (NIGP)
- OfficePro, Inc
- Road Map Consulting, LLC
- Sourcing Industry Group, Inc
- Think Strategic Consulting, LLC
- TwentyEighty Strategy Execution, Inc
- bc & j Solutions, LCC
How to Act
Nine states have already benefited from signing Participating Addendums for their states to grow and develop their professional staff. States are required to sign a NASPO ValuePoint Participating Addendum to utilize a NASPO ValuePoint Master Agreement. Local government agencies and certain non-profit organizations may participate as allowed through a state's Participating Agreement. Click here to find out if your state's purchasing office has signed to participate or contact us via email at email@example.com on how to fast-track this opportunity for your agency.
Pricing details are included in the Master Agreement listed on the contract portfolio page and vary depending on the provider and services. View current FAQs for this contract portfolio, including terms and conditions, for more detail.
About NASPO ValuePoint
NASPO ValuePoint is a unified, nationally focused cooperative aggregating the demand of all 50 states, the District of Columbia and the organized US territories, their political subdivisions and other eligible entities spurring best value, innovation and competition in the marketplace. The NASPO ValuePoint Cooperative Purchasing Organization (formerly WSCA-NASPO) provides the highest standard of excellence in public cooperative contracting. By leveraging the leadership and expertise of all states with the purchasing power of their public entities, NASPO ValuePoint delivers best value, reliable, competitively sourced contracts. Since 1992 NASPO ValuePoint has been the cooperative purchasing arm of NASPO (the National Association of State Procurement Officials) encouraging, fostering and guiding the nation's most significant public contract cooperative.
For more information on this release, contact:
SOURCE NASPO ValuePoint