WASHINGTON, May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NAACOS announces the start of its FREE webinar series on ACO implementation. Beginning on Wednesday, May 29th, NAACOS will host five (5) free webinars at 1:00pm ET for organizations interested in learning more about the critical elements in the implementation process for ACOs.
- May 29th and June 5th – Alignment and Risk Adjustment: This two-part interactive series is designed to walk the participant through the CMS' strategy for alignment and risk adjustment, including practical examples. The webinar will cover in detail the CMS document describing the methodology for assigning beneficiaries to an ACO, and determining ACO financial performance including: establishing the ACO's historical benchmark and updated benchmark, and calculating shared savings and losses under the program's two financial models (one-sided shared savings model, and two-sided shared savings and losses model). Time will be set aside for questions from the participants. Presenter - Dentons, LLC Team, led by Bruce Fried, Tom Hutchinson and Mark Hamelburg
- June 19th – Using CMS Claims Data in the ACO: Relevant examples of how paid claims data was turned into actionable information for physicians' use to improve care and decrease cost. Presentation will include a performance dashboard for primary care providers, practice pattern analysis for specialty care providers and risk stratification reports to proactively engage patients. Presenter – Kimberly Kauffman, Executive Director, Summit Health Solutions
- July 10th – Physician Engagement and Quality Reporting: Case study for how one group is engaging their providers to improve quality measures and adopt more cost effective practices and the strategy they utilized to complete their GPRO submission in 6 days. Presenter – Stephen Nuckolls and Carrie Hagan, Coastal Carolina Quality Care, Inc.
- July 24th – Compliance: Tackle the tough issues regarding ACO compliance under the MSSP. Presenters Michael Berwanger and Andrew Weniger from Cornerstone Health Care, P.A.
Register just one time and attend all five presentations for free. Please visit our website at www.naacos.com to register and for details on our organization.
Also, please consider joining NAACOS now to participate in creating the national agenda for ACOs. NAACOS is a 501 (c) 6 non-profit organization that allows ACOs to work together to increase quality of care, lower costs and improve the health of the communities. Determined to create an environment for advocacy and shared learning, over 100 Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) and business partners from more than 25 States have joined NAACOS. Our mission is twofold:
- Advocate for ACOs on policy and provide a level playing field to succeed
- Share learnings across our membership and with our strategic partners, as we discover best practices in ACO implementation and on-going operations.
SOURCE National Association of ACOs