SILVER SPRING, Md., April 5, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, 11 Career Technical Education (CTE) programs of study received the Excellence in Action award from Advance CTE. Hailing from nine states, these programs represent the best of CTE, with each providing clear pathways into college and careers, rigorous academic and technical coursework, strong industry partnerships, and effective work-based learning experiences that offer opportunities for career exploration and subject-matter mastery.
Award-winning programs provide learners from diverse communities with the supports to succeed in the education pathway and career of their choice. Advance CTE is pleased to recognize the following award winners in Career Cluster® areas:
- A&M Consolidated High School, TX (Information Technology)
- Anderson 1 and 2 Career and Technology Center, SC (Transportation, Distribution & Logistics)
- Carl Wunsche Sr. High School, TX (Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources)
- Dauphin County Technical School, PA (Architecture & Construction)
- Granite Technical Institute/Granite School District, UT (Manufacturing)
- Indian Capital Technology Center, OK (Health Sciences)
- Nashua Technology Center at Nashua High School South, NH (Arts, A/V Technology & Communications)
- Saginaw Career Complex, MI (Hospitality & Tourism)
- Sunrise Mountain High School, AZ (Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security)
- Traverse Bay Area ISD Career Tech Center, MI (Education & Training)
- William J. Pete Knight High School, CA (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)
"The programs of study that we are honoring today all share a steadfast commitment to the highest expectations for CTE," said Kimberly Green, Executive Director of Advance CTE. "This dedication to quality and excellence leads to strong learner outcomes, creating opportunities for a lifetime of career and education success. Today's honorees serve as national models of what high-quality CTE looks like and can achieve."
Award recipients were honored at the 2018 Advance CTE Spring Meeting, where nearly 30 administrators, educators and students traveled across the country to be recognized in front of state and national leaders.
Find profiles of each winner here.
Press contact: Katie Fitzgerald
firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-588-9630
SOURCE Advance CTE