SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As San Francisco's wealth gap continues to widen at a faster rate than any other U.S. city1, the region's minority populations are struggling for access to basic financial resources, including bank accounts, credit and loans. On Tuesday, November 18, National Journal's "The Next America" project will travel to the West Coast to take a firsthand look at how the nation's epicenter for innovation plans to reinvent its financial system and provide new, long-term opportunities for economic development and stability.
California Senate President Pro Tempore Kevin de Leon (D-CA) will keynote the event. Additionally, Atlantic Media Editorial Director Ron Brownstein, Fusion Anchor Leon Krauze and National Journal Staff Correspondent Sophie Quinton will moderate panels with local and political leaders on the government's role in economic empowerment, innovations in financial inclusion and financial literacy for the underserved.
WHAT: National Journal's "The Next America: The Inclusion Economy"
WHEN: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM PT
WHERE: The Julia Morgan Ballroom, 465 California Street, Merchants Exchange, 15th Floor
- Ronald Brownstein, Editorial Director, Atlantic Media
- Sophie Quinton, Staff Correspondent, National Journal
- Leon Krauze, Anchor, Open Source with Leon Krauze, Fusion
- Kevin de Leon (D-CA), California State Senator and California Senate President Pro Tempore
- The Honorable Hector Barreto, Chairman, The Latino Coalition, Former Administrator, U.S. Small Business Administration
- The Honorable Jose Cisneros, Treasurer, City and County of San Francisco
- Arlyn Davich, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, PayPerks
- Khalid Fellahi, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Western Union Digital, Western Union
- Jose Quinonez, Chief Executive Officer, Mission Asset Fund
- Victor Rubin, PhD Vice President for Research, PolicyLink
- Rachel Schneider, Senior Vice President, Insight and Analytics, Center for Financial Services Innovation
- Arjan Schutte, Founder and Managing Partner, Core Innovations Capital
- Hamed Shahbazi, Chief Executive Officer, TIO Networks
- Marc Spencer, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Juma Ventures
- Raul Vasquez, Chief Executive Officer, Progreso Financiero
Twitter Hashtag: #NJNextAmerica
More Information: http://www.nationaljournal.com/events/the-next-america-the-inclusion-economy-20141118
This event is hosted by National Journal. It is underwritten by MasterCard with community support from the Center for Financial Services Innovation and Mission Asset Fund.
1 Berube, Alan. "All Cities Are Not Created Unequal." The Brookings Institution. February 20, 2014. Accessed October 28, 2014. http://www.brookings.edu/research/papers/2014/02/cities-unequal-berube.
SOURCE National Journal