FOLSOM, Calif., April 19, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Emergency Medicine Patient Safety Foundation (EMPSF) today announced the speakers at their upcoming 1st Annual Patient Safety Summit in Las Vegas, NV on May 5-6, 2011. The meeting, Patient Safety in Emergency Care: Excellence in Outcomes, (Twitter hashtag #empsfmtg1) will be a forum for sharing insights on solving the patient safety challenges associated with providing emergency care in the pre-hospital and emergency department (ED) settings. Attendees will include leadership from key organizations, emergency medicine providers, nursing, hospital administrators, emergency medical services (EMS), pharmacy, risk management and patient safety officers and researchers.
Distinguished speakers who will be participating in the conference's opening panel hosted by Robert Wears, MD, MS of the University of Florida are:
- Michelle Hoppes, RN, MS, president of the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- AnnMarie Papa, DNP, RN, CEN, NE-BC, FAEN, president of the Emergency Nurses Association
- Diane Pinakiewicz, MBA, executive director of the National Patient Safety Foundation
- Sandra Schneider, MD, president of the American College of Emergency Physicians
In addition, the summit features lectures by emergency medicine leaders from the following academic institutions, medical facilities and organizations:
- Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Cincinnati Children's Center for Simulation and Research, Cincinnati, OH
- Emergency Medical Associates, Livingston, NJ
- Emergency Medicine Patient Safety Foundation, Folsom, CA
- George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- MedStar Health, Washington, D.C.
- Shands Hospital at The University of Florida, Jacksonville, FL
- Stony Brook University Medical Center, Stony Brook, NY
- Thomson Reuters, Philadelphia, PA
"We are honored to have such a distinguished representation from across the emergency medicine community join us as speakers at our summit," said Dianne Vass, executive director of EMPSF. "We are equally excited to welcome poster presentations from many more leading institutions and to have so many from our community plan to exhibit and attend."
The EMPSF 1st Annual Patient Safety Summit will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Las Vegas, NV on May 5-6, 2011. Those interested in attending, sponsoring and exhibiting are encouraged to visit the EMPSF website for complete details or contact EMPSF for more information.
The Emergency Medicine Patient Safety Foundation (EMPSF) is a national, 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization that was formed in 2003 to identify and respond to the challenges of providing safe, quality health care in the practice of Emergency Medicine. For more information, call (888) 294-4624, visit www.empsf.org, www.twitter.com/empsf and Facebook.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
Emergency Medicine Patient Safety Foundation
SOURCE Emergency Medicine Patient Safety Foundation