WASHINGTON, April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Senior communications and public affairs officers will present at the 5th National Summit on Strategic Communications on May 8-9 in Washington DC when 100 leaders and CEOs from corporate, military and government organizations in the USA, Europe, Russia, Asia and Africa assemble to identify and discuss strategies which enhance engagement and to share best practices to improve communication.
A complete agenda, faculty and registration information is available at www.strategicsummit.com. The venue is the Washington Plaza Hotel near the White House in Washington DC.
"The 5th Annual Strategic Summit aims to create a deeper understanding of opportunities and solutions to complex challenges before us today," said Robert Grupp, Summit Director and chair of the non-profit Strategic Communications Leadership Initiative. "Although the context for work varies among the sectors represented, Summit delegates find much in common in challenges faced, strategies in play and channels being used. As a result, there is a great comradery among peers and professionals who attend."
"Research consistently shows that companies with higher levels of engagement earn a return many times higher than those still relying on traditional structures or that drift into command and control style. The military learned long ago that if you want to win, you have to engage the intelligence of everyone involved in the battle. This Strategic Summit explains how." The full program is online at www.strategicsummit.com/agenda.
Other featured speakers include:
- Laura Kane, Vice President, Corporate Communications, AFLAC
- Rear Admiral Vic Beck, U.S. Navy (ret), Managing Director, BURS0N-MARSTELLER
- Mark Bellamah, Vice President, Virginia Operations, National Intelligence and Special Operations Division, CAMBER CORP; formerly Deputy Office Director, CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
- Vasily Brovko, Head of Communications, ROSTEC STATE CORPORATION
- Ben Edwards, Vice President, Global Communications and Digital Marketing, IBM
- Tina Kandelaki, CEO, APOSTOL
- Cynthia Martinez, Director, Global Corporate Communications, ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES
- John Santoro, Vice President, Leadership Communications, PFIZER INC.
- Ray B. Shepherd, Director, Defense Media Activity, U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
- Phillip M. Strub, Director of Film and Entertainment Media, U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
- Jennifer Whitlow, Vice President, Corporate Communications, LOCKHEED MARTIN
- Dr. Toni Zimmerman, Distinguished Teaching Scholar, COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY
- And More…
Summit sponsors include, APOSTOL, Bell Helicopter, Bulletin Intelligence, Cubic Corporation, George Washington University, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Lockheed Martin Corporation and Northrop Grumman Corporation. Media Partners include O'Dwyer PR, Job of the Week Newsletter and PR Newswire. The Summit is organized by The SCLI and ExL Events, Inc.
ABOUT THE STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS LEADERSHIP INITIATIVE ("The SCLI")
The SCLI is a non-profit organization established to advance the profession by providing thought leadership and setting standards for practicing strategic communications. The SCLI connects a community of senior executives, communications directors and public affairs officers from corporations, the military, government agencies and other non-profit organizations and NGOs. With an active volunteer Board of Advisors, the SCLI organizes the annual National Summit on Strategic Communications and conducts interactive programs, seminars and training to share knowledge and expertise within the professional community. www.thescli.org
About ExL Events
ExL Pharma, a division of ExL Events, Inc., is the industry leader in developing innovative, educational conferences that serve the pharmaceutical and allied healthcare communities in the United States, Europe, Latin America and additional markets. Its experienced team conducts extensive market research and targeted outreach. The results translate into innovative, high-quality events designed to exceed the dynamic informational and networking needs of audiences. ExL Pharma conference platforms facilitate the exchange of critical information between industry executives and suppliers who support their scientific and commercial goals. www.exlpharma.com
For Further Information
Robert W. Grupp
SOURCE National Summit on Strategic Communications