ARLINGTON, Va., April 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Top leaders in business, military and government communications, public relations and public affairs will analyze current global challenges and share game-changing strategies for effective communications at the 2nd National Summit on Strategic Communications on June 6-7 in Arlington, VA.
Organized annually in Washington, D.C. by the Institute for Public Relations, this relevant and highly interactive National Summit has been recognized by public affairs and communications executives as a leading forum on strategic communications. The Summit is co-hosted by ExL Events and is sponsored by, GE, Shell Oil Company and USAA. Media partners include PR Newswire, the official news distribution partner of National Summit on Strategic Communications, Institute for Public Relations, PR News and O'Dwyer's PR.
A complete agenda, faculty and registration information is available at www.strategicsummit.com. Discounts for early registration are available until April 22.
Participants will take away actionable strategies to address today's top communications challenges.
- Creating organizational cultures that value communications.
- Identifying the balance between increasing accessibility and knowledge-sharing – and the new reality of radical transparency.
- Strategies to counter inclinations to "lock down" access and free flow of data and information at precisely the time when more transparency and conversation with stakeholders is needed.
- Enabling enterprise-wide access to information – on-demand and on-line – as a catalyst to synchronizing and integrating government departments or business functions.
- Using on-demand, fact-based information to lead thought in social media.
- And Much More
"The content of the Summit is specifically designed to enhance the value of strategic communications and effective engagement with internal and external stakeholders on critical issues faced by organizations globally," said Robert Grupp, President of the Institute for Public Relations. "The quality of the faculty and their experience in the military, government and private sector ensure that participants take away valuable information, actionable new ideas and strategic insights."
Keynote presentations include:
Communicating in an Era of Radical Transparency
Letitia A. Long, Director, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
Communications as a Strategic Imperative
Admiral Gary Roughhead, Chief of Naval Operations, U.S. Navy
Snapshot of Speakers:
- Mike Fernandez, Corporate Vice President, Corporate Affairs, CARGILL
- Rear Admiral "T" McCreary, U.S. Navy (ret), President of Military Advantage and Vice President of Monster Worldwide; formerly Director of Strategic Communication for the NATIONAL COUNTERTERRORISM CENTER AND THE U.S. SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND
- Dr. Kristin M. Lord, Vice President and Director of Studies at the CENTER FOR A NEW AMERICAN SECURITY; formerly, Fellow in Foreign Policy Studies at THE BROOKINGS INSTITUTION
- James Savage, Vice President, Public Affairs and Corporate Communications, FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF CLEVELAND
- Bob Pearson, Chief Technology & Media Officer, WCG; formerly Vice President of Communities and Conversations at DELL INC
- Tracy Faulkner, Vice President, External Affairs, SHELL OIL COMPANY
- Donald A. Baer, Worldwide Vice Chairman, BURSON-MARSTELLER, and Chairman, PENN SCHOEN BERLAND; previously, Assistant to the President and White House Director of Strategic Planning and Communications
- Christophe Ginisty, CEO, RUMEUR PUBLIQUE (France), and President and Founder, INTERNET SANS FRONTIERES
- H. Wesley Metheny, Senior Vice President, PhRMA
- Gordon Lambourne, Sr. Vice President, Global Public Relations, MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- Raymond F. Kerins Jr., Vice President External Affairs & Communications, PFIZER INC.
This event will sell out. Register now to reserve your spot.
******Register before April 22, 2011 to save $200 off the price of registration******
Visit http://www.strategicsummit.com for full conference details and to register.
About Institute for Public Relations
IPR is an independent non-profit foundation that answers the need for evidence and accountability in communications and public relations. IPR plays a critical role in bridging the academic world with the profession to ensure that the best thinking and knowledge are applied for the benefit of today's demanding business world. www.instituteforpr.org.
About ExL Events
ExL Events, Inc., is an industry leader in developing innovative and educational conferences that serve various communities and allied professionals. Behind our diverse conference portfolio, our experienced team conducts extensive market research and targeted outreach. The results translate into innovative, high-quality conference events designed to exceed the dynamic informational needs of today's leading professionals. http://www.exlpharma.com/
SOURCE Institute for Public Relations