EAGLE, Idaho, Feb. 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- VetIQ®, the vet-recommended line of pet prescription medications, flea & tick preventives and other health and wellness supplements for America's pets – today revealed the results of its 2015 "Love Your Pet" nationwide survey. The study, which asked more than 2,000 pet owners to share insight about their feelings and behavior when it comes to caring for their dogs and cats, demonstrated some telling trends about how much we really love our furry friends!
When it comes to celebrating Valentine's Day, the survey revealed that pet owners are far more likely to buy a gift for their pet (69%) than for their significant other or spouse (61%), their kids (42%), friends (10%) or co-workers (3%). Further, if given the choice, most pet owners would prefer to stay home on Valentine's Day and cuddle with their pet (63%) than go on a romantic date with their significant other or spouse (35%).
Additional Highlights from the VetIQ 2015 "Love Your Pet" Survey:
- More than 60% of pet owners say that their pet sleeps in bed with them.
- Nearly 83% of pet owners say that they receive the most unconditional love from their pet, vs. their significant other or spouse (9%), their kids (7%), or their best friend (1%).
- More than 80% of pet owners say their pet gets more kisses on a daily basis than their significant other.
- More than 83% of pet owners say that their pet is better at cuddling than their significant other.
- 73% of pet owners consider their pet to be a "Sweet Angel" vs. a "Little Devil" (27%).
- 47% of pet owners selected "soul mates" as the best way to describe their relationship with their pet.
"Today more than ever, we know that pets are treated as members of the family," said Glen Moore, vice president of marketing for VetIQ. "We wanted to get a pulse on how owners really feel with a fun Valentine's Day-themed survey and the results confirm that pets are also a very important source of friendship and love for their owners!"
VetIQ® offers veterinarian recommended pet prescription medications, over-the-counter flea & tick preventives and other health and wellness supplements for America's pets, at savings to other brand name alternatives. The company's extensive pet care portfolio consists of Minties® Dental Treats, VetGuard Plus® Flea & Tick control, and VetIQ® Health & Wellness products. VetIQ® products are backed by years of research and development to ensure all medications and supplements comply with FDA and EPA regulations for product and packaging safety, because quality, safe products are the company's priority. For more information, please visit www.VetIQ.com.