Aug 16, 2011, 07:33 ET
CHICAGO , Aug. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Center for Health Value Innovation (CHVI), the nation's leading organization devoted to health improvement through action, innovation and cost containment, announced the speakers and agenda for its Annual Meeting and Innovation Summit being held November 14 at the Renaissance Chicago Hotel. The meeting is co-located with the AHIP Annual Fall Forum and will feature a discussion on population health management. Presentation partner Mayo Clinic and the Mayo Clinic Center for Innovation will be highlighting emerging technologies, solutions for aging and family health records (in partnership with Dossia).
"We are building on our mission of bringing innovative ideas from leading visionaries to help employers improve the value of their benefits investments and health of their employees," said Cyndy Nayer, CHVI president, CEO and co-founder. "Our meeting will also include updates on the development of CHVI programs to help purchasers build accountability and engagement, including Outcomes-Based Contracting™ and the early results from the deployment of our Health Value Accelerator™."
Participating speaker faculty includes:
- Marcia Bondi, Director, New Product Implementation, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Wayne Burton, MD, Chief Medical Officer, American Express Corporation
- Joycelyn Elders, MD, former U.S. Surgeon General
- Thomas Ferraro, Senior Director, Corporate Accounts, Mayo Clinic
- Tami Graham, Director, Global Benefits Design, Intel
- Peter Hayes, Principal, Health Solutions Partners and Secretary, Center for Health Value Innovation
- David Hoke, Manager, Global Health and Well-Being, Yum! Brands
- Cindy Johnson, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Group Health Cooperative
- Robert Kritzler, MD, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Johns Hopkins HealthCare
- Jack Mahoney, MD, MPH, Co-founder & Chief Medical Officer, Center for Health Value Innovation
- Michael Matly, MD, Director, Business Development, Mayo Clinic Center for Innovation
- Steve Munini, Chief Operating Officer, Dossia
- Brent Pawlecki, MD, MMM, Chief Health Officer, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Dena Pflieger, Consumer Engagement Project Leader, Michigan Health Information Alliance
- Jerry Reeves, MD, Director, Community Health Innovation, Center for Health Value Innovation
- Bruce Sherman, MD, Medical Director, Center for Health Value Innovation
- Michael Taylor, MD, Chairman, Center for Health Value Innovation
- Ron Whiting, Executive Director, Wichita Business Coalition on Health Care
Additional details and registration information for the Annual Meeting and Innovation Summit can be found here.
About the Health Value Accelerator™
CHVI's Health Value Accelerator, is an easy-to-use online tool that prioritizes the redistribution of benefits and resources for better engagement and accountability in care. The Accelerator addresses key health care issues that drive higher health cost and allows health care purchasers to create personalized, actionable reports founded on value-based benefit design, changing the contracting mechanisms focused on the end goal of improved health.
About the Center for Health Value Innovation (CHVI)
CHVI (501c3) is focused on the relentless pursuit of innovation in benefit designs that improve engagement, accelerate accountability and create a predictable health cost trend. CHVI members represent over 60 million lives from all market segments in the health value supply chain, sharing the evidence of improved health and economic outcomes through value-based designs, including the Outcomes-Based Contracting™ platform for accelerating meaningful change. The Center for Health Value Innovation's goal is to improve the health of people, organizations and communities throughout the U.S. www.vbhealth.org
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link. https://profnet.prnewswire.com/Subscriber/ExpertProfile.aspx?ei=103281
SOURCE Center for Health Value Innovation
Share this article