CHICAGO, June 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Native Foods Cafe launches its summer menu celebrating the freshest ingredients of the season today at each of its 26 locations nationwide. This new menu will run through September, when the fall menu takes its place, and is offered alongside the daily menu of 100% plant-based dishes.
At the peak of California Avocado season, the summer menu will feature not one, but two avocado dishes: the Avocado Crunch Wrap (a Native Foodie favorite, back by popular demand) and a refreshing Grilled Avocado Plate.
Blueberries are ripe for the pickin' and this summer's crop is looking fantastic. Guests can enjoy this sweet little fruit packed with amazing health benefits in Native Foods Cafe's Summer Berry Salad, Blueberry Crumble, and refreshing Lavender Blueberry Lemonade.
Finally, summer isn't complete without a BBQ. Guests looking for their fill of summer grill can dig into the savory Korean BBQ Sub, featuring Korean inspired marinated seitan and a cool pineapple slaw.
Full Summer Seasonal Menu:
- Avocado Crunch Wrap (10.59) with coconut-battered crispy avocados, mango slaw and jalapeno-cilantro dressing, wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla and served with choice of side
- Korean BBQ Sub (10.59) with Korean inspired marinated seitan, pineapple slaw and crispy mushrooms on a baguette and served with choice of side
- Grilled Avocado Plate (6.99) freshly grilled with greens, tofu bacon, radishes and a zesty lemon vinaigrette
- Summer Berry Salad (9.99) with fresh summer blueberries and strawberries, tossed with kale, romaine, fresh seasonal veggies and mango lime dressing (Gluten-Free)
- Blueberry Crumble (3.99) summer berries with a crunchy oat crust
- Lavender Blueberry Lemonade (2.79) with lemons, agave, lavender, and blueberries
Native Foods Cafe was founded in 1994, bringing into harmony a passion for fresh food and compassion for animals and the environment. Today, Native Foods Cafe has grown to become America's premier fast-casual plant-based restaurant group spanning coast to coast with 26 locations in Chicago, Washington D.C., Oregon, Colorado, Palm Springs, Orange County, Los Angeles, and San Diego. Native Foods Cafe's food is made fresh daily—from homemade tempeh and seitan, to Native Cheese, to sauces and drinks, dressings and desserts, and is 100% plant-based.
SOURCE Native Foods Cafe