NEW YORK, Oct. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- A Customer Perspective
This study is derived from a survey of IT decision makers around the world across multiple industries. It provides insightful information on what drives investment in IT solutions, the IT-related challenges that organizations face today, and most importantly, plans for IT budgets. Technologies covered include Enterprise Mobility Management, Social Media Management & Marketing Tools, eCommerce/mCommerce, Unified Communications & Collaboration, Infrastructure and Data Centers, Big Data and Analytics, Digital Marketing, Customer Experience Management, Cybersecurity, Internet of Things (M2M), ERP/Supply Chain Management/HR Management. There is section on Internet of Things that explores drivers, challenges, and different phases of implementation.
End user companies will be able to benchmark themselves with regard to IT investments while IT companies will learn how to gain a competitive advantage over the next few years.
- The retail industry is one where tremendous digital transformation is occurring. From bricks and mortars to eCommerce and mCommerce; from retail stores that will soon become distribution centers; from cash registers to the use of mobile devices on the floor to process payments - these are all innovative changes changing the face of a very competitive industry.
- The top IT challenges for respondents in the retail sector are dealing with security threats, ensuring network stability and reliability, and aligning IT with business strategy.
- By far the biggest driver for IT investments in the retail sector is reducing costs in 2106. However, the focus will shift to gaining a competitive advantage and improving collaboration among other driving forces.
- Cybersecurity dominates the IT plans for investment today, but interest in UCC, enterprise mobility management and IoT deployment will increase rapidly over the next few years.
- eCommerce/mCommerce, social media management and marketing tools, and digital marketing are the IT solutions that have the most positive impact on retail companies' revenues.
- mCommerce is important or very important to 64 percent of retail companies. Larger companies find greater value in mCommerce.
- Companies with the strongest revenue growth are focused on improving customer experience and sales and marketing effectiveness far more than retailers with moderate or modest revenue growth rates.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04236032-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/navigating-digital-transformation-in-retail-300352050.html