HANOVER, Md., July 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Dragos, Inc., the trusted leader in industrial threat detection and response technology and services, announced today it has been selected by the NCCoE as a technology collaborator on the Energy Sector Asset Management Project, which aims to help energy providers monitor, manage, and secure their assets.
"Asset discovery is an important step in the pursuit of detecting threats to industrial operations, and the Dragos Platform provides industrial control systems (ICS) defenders with unprecedented knowledge of assets and activity, the threats and adversaries they face, and the tools and knowledge to defend against them," said Dragos' Director of Business Development Matt Cowell. "Dragos is excited to collaborate with NCCoE and other technology vendors on this latest use case, providing further cybersecurity guidance to the energy sector."
The Dragos Platform is an automated network monitoring, threat detection, and response platform that uses an intelligence-based approach to passively identify ICS assets and communications, alert to malicious activity, and guide defenders step-by-step if a threat is found.
The NCCoE will implement Dragos' technology, along with other technologies, in a laboratory environment to build a standards-based, modular, end-to-end example solution that will address the security challenges of operational technology (OT) asset management for the energy sector, including:
- Asset Discovery: establishment of a full baseline of physical and logical locations of assets
- Asset Identification: capture of asset attributes, such as manufacturer, model, operating system, internet protocol (IP) addresses, media access control addresses, patch-level information, and firmware versions
- Asset Visibility: continuous identification of newly connected or disconnected devices, and IP (routable and non-routable) and serial connections to other devices
- Asset Disposition: the level of criticality (high, medium, or low) of an asset, its relation to other assets within the OT network, and its communication (including serial) with other devices
- Alerting Capabilities: detection of a deviation from the expected operation of assets
Expected Industry Benefits
- Reduce cybersecurity risk and reduce impact to safety and operations
- Development of an executable strategy that provides continuous OT asset management and monitoring
- Faster response to security alerts/attacks/events through automation
- Cybersecurity standards and best practices, while maintaining the performance of energy infrastructures
To learn more, engage with the NCCoE and follow the collaboration through the official project web page.
Disclaimer: NIST does not evaluate commercial products under this Consortium and does not endorse any product or service used. Additional information on this Consortium can be found at https://www.nccoe.nist.gov/projects/use-cases/energy-sector/asset-management
You can also find the full Energy Sector Asset Management Project description here:
Dragos applies expert human intelligence and threat behavior analytics to redefine industrial control system (ICS) cybersecurity. Its industry-first, ICS cybersecurity ecosystem provides industrial security practitioners with unprecedented situational awareness over their environments, with comprehensive threat intelligence, detection, and response capabilities. Dragos' solutions include: the Dragos Platform, software providing ICS-specific asset discovery, threat detection, and investigation capabilities; Dragos Threat Operations Center, providing ICS threat hunting, incident response services, and ICS cybersecurity training; and Dragos ICS WorldView, providing global, ICS-specific threat intelligence in the form of weekly reports and critical alerts upon discovery. Headquartered in metropolitan Washington DC, Dragos' team of ICS cybersecurity experts are practitioners who've lived the problems the industry faces, hailing from across the U.S. Intelligence Community to private sector industrial companies. For more information, please visit dragos.com.
SOURCE Dragos, Inc.