REDWOOD CITY, California, April 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
NComputing, global leader of the end-to-end desktop virtualization category, today announced 34% quarter-over-quarter revenue growth during the first quarter of 2012. With a set of well-received new products in Q1, broadened management team, and rapidly expanding customer base numbering more than 50,000, NComputing is rapidly gaining traction for its innovative solutions beyond traditional customers in small and medium business and education. With the planned introduction of enterprise-focused offerings in Q2 based on its collaboration with Citrix Systems, the company is well placed take advantage of what Gartner projected as a $65.7 billion market for desktop virtualization by 2013.
"Our strategy to disrupt legacy economics and make high-performance yet low-cost computing a reality is being validated by customers every day," said Raj Dhingra, CEO of NComputing. "We are now the world's largest independent company in the virtual desktop category and the timing to expand to the enterprise market is perfect. Our unique value proposition aligns perfectly with the needs of customers moving to gain the benefits of desktop virtualization."
Commenting on the new round of funding which included existing investors Menlo Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, and Daehong Technew Corp, as well as new investor QuestMark Partners, "NComputing is a disruptive and transformational force in the desktop client category and the only company providing a range of complete end-to-end solutions," said Jason Sydow of QuestMark Partners. "The VDI market is rapidly approaching an inflection point and NComputing is uniquely positioned to take advantage. With its strong value proposition, the time is right to scale resources to extend the company's leadership position."
Significant milestones in first quarter 2012 include
- Exceeding 50,000 customers in over 140 countries.
- An increasing move toward business and commercial customers with more than 55% of customers in commercial or government organizations
- Supporting mobility and BYOD initiatives by shipping vSpace Client for Windows: An innovative software client that transforms PCs and laptops into high performance virtual clients to support key corporate initiatives such as mobility, BYOD, remote access, and Windows 7 migration
- Introducing world's first 3-in-1 thin client: Based on NComputing Numo™ 2 System on Chip (SoC), the M300 series provides a rich PC experience to 3 users simultaneously at 1/3rd the cost, using 1/3rd the power and 1/3rd the networking ports compared to PCs
- Further strategic collaboration with Citrix Systems to advance virtual client technology innovation with new Citrix HDX Ready System-on-Chip (SoC) reference designs.
- Strengthening the global executive bench-strength with the appointments of SVP Global Sales - Simon Pierce, VP Global Marketing - Jay Mellman and Mark Pilgrim - VP of EMEA.
- Securing $21.8 million of new VC funding led by QuestMark Partners to take advantage of the coming inflection point in the VDI market. NComputing intends to use the capital to accelerate its move into the enterprise market and further strengthen its field and channel relationships.
NComputing VDI solutions allow organizations to provide computing where the costs or IT requirements were previously too high. In other environments, NComputing solutions extend the life and breadth of existing PCs and servers. As well as reducing the per seat acquisition cost of a PC by more than 75%, NComputing solutions deliver on-going savings of up to 90% lower energy and 75% reduction in maintenance and support costs and deliver the highest user density per dollar compared to other vendors.
NComputing, Inc. is the fastest growing desktop virtualization company in the world with over 20 million daily users in 140 countries. The company's award-winning, patented technology lowers desktop computing costs, improves manageability, and reduces both energy consumption and e-waste. It is the perfect solution for leveraging the power and potential of PCs and cloud computing. To learn more about NComputing, visit http://www.ncomputing.com
About QuestMark Partners
QuestMark is an expansion-stage venture firm providing growth capital to exceptional management teams across the U.S. With over $750 million under management, QuestMark targets highly differentiated, often category-creating companies with the commercial traction and strategic position to support long-term standalone success. Since its founding in 1998, QuestMark's collaborative, insightful, and patient approach to company building has helped many entrepreneurial teams grow and succeed as market leaders across a range of industries.
SOURCE NComputing Inc