WOODLAND HILLS, Calif., Aug. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- NDS, Inc., the leading provider of stormwater management solutions for both residential and commercial applications, has introduced the S5™ Sustainable Stormwater Solution. S5 is a scalable and flexible single source solution that is engineered for high performance to meets today's standards for on-site stormwater management, offering up to 250 percent more detention volume than traditional gravel-only systems and qualifying for LEED credits.
S5 utilizes many NDS components, such as catch basins, channel drains and Flo-Wells, that are commonly used by landscape architects, civil engineers and environmental engineers that can be configured to meet a wide variety of residential and commercial applications. Bringing these components together in this new, innovative system aligns S5 with Low Impact Development regulatory policies and is easy to specify. Additionally, S5 uses runoff reduction and quality enhancement to manage stormwater as close to the source as possible.
"NDS has a long history of producing high quality stormwater management products that are durable and designed for top performance," said Sharon Vessels, Director of Marketing. "S5 Sustainable Stormwater Solutions reflects the best use of BMPs, efficiencies and impact-reduction to help achieve stormwater needs."
The S5 system delivers five key benefits for both commercial and residential projects:
- Improved conservation – Conserves stormwater on-site through filtration, detention and infiltration often caused by drought, pollution and storms that threaten the quality and quantity of clean water.
- Better management – Manages rainfall on-site by mimicking pre-development hydrology as closely as possible and reducing downstream impact by using smaller, decentralized controls for filtration, detention and infiltration.
- Enhanced flexibility – Empowers planners to adapt the system footprint to the specific environmental conditions of an application. This enables preservation of a site's unique features, rather than negatively altering a location with heavy-handed stormwater management infrastructure.
- Superior mitigation – Filters debris and other suspended solids and limits downstream erosion through detention and infiltration components that reduce peak overflows.
- Groundwater replenishment – Promotes subsurface recharge to balance groundwater withdrawal helping to reduce the future impact of this limited resource in communities.
"As attitudes, education and regulations continue to evolve around proper stormwater management, NDS is committed to providing effective and innovative solutions for residential and commercial properties," continued Vessels.
The S5 system is now available only through NDS. To learn more about the S5 Sustainable Stormwater Solution we encourage you to sign up for our informational webinar. We will be hosting the webinar on the following date and times:
September 10th, 2015: 9am, 10am or 12pm PST
October 23rd, 2015: 9am, 10am or 12pm PST
To sign up for this webinar or to learn more about the S5 Sustainable Stormwater Solution's features and benefits visit www.ndspro.com/S5.
About NDS, Inc.
Since 1972, NDS, Inc. has been a leader in water-management solutions for both residential and commercial markets. NDS, Inc. is the industry's primary source for stormwater management, efficient landscape irrigation and water-flow management. NDS, Inc. is committed to providing the highest-quality products and services while supporting the environment through the development of innovative products that efficiently manage and utilize one of our most valuable resources -- water. Headquartered in Woodland Hills, California, NDS, Inc. products are available throughout North America and select international markets. For more information, contact Sharon Vessels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video - https://youtu.be/Uwx5ZD_eloI
SOURCE NDS, Inc.