EDISON, N.J., Jan. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- netForensics, Inc., a leader in the Security Information Management market, today announced that a new version of the company's award winning nFX SIM One platform is generally available. The latest version of the company's flagship security management platform enables managed service providers, enterprises and government customers to accelerate threat identification and incident response, while simplifying the regulatory compliance process via new compliance reporting options and a comprehensive FISMA compliance framework.
These new capabilities enable enterprises and government agencies to more tightly integrate information security management activities with key business processes and objectives.
Advanced Compliance Reporting Functionality Aligns Information Security Activities and Results with Enterprise Compliance Frameworks and Processes
nFX SIM One builds on an extensive library of compliance reports with a new compliance reporting functionality that makes it easy for all key stakeholders to report on security metrics that directly impact control objectives, allowing security and line of business managers to understand their compliance posture at any given point in time. The new reports have been optimized to run quickly and deliver the right information to the right people at the right time. nFX SIM One Compliance Reporting enhancements include:
- Over 50 new easy-to-configure, easy-to-use reports that deliver targeted views into event data, as well as the overall security and compliance posture of the organization.
- A new FISMA compliance framework provides a multitude of views and reports that support the SP 800-60 guidelines from the FISMA Federal Enterprise Architecture Business Reference Model SP 800-53A controls. This FISMA-related information is easy to find, launch, and use, and includes reports to address each of the eleven different controls in the Business Reference Model.
Enhanced Threat Identification Automation Intelligently Prioritizes Investigation and Incident Response
With the latest release of nFX SIM One, netForensics has extended the industry's most advanced threat correlation and incident response capabilities to speed identification, analysis, and mitigation of real threats to high value business assets. The following new features focus personnel activity on the most urgent threats:
- Detailed Vulnerability Correlation Views provide in-depth and actionable information to users about vulnerabilities on their networks; these views also enable users to better understand security data and therefore avoid vulnerability risks.
- Improved Vulnerability Calculations now include firewall data in addition to IDS/IDP data in the vulnerability correlation conclusion score, making it easier for users to gauge the urgency of the vulnerabilities in their environment and providing deeper insight into the network devices sending events to nFX SIM One.
- Expanded group assignment simplifies the process of assigning the management of customers, device and scanner groups to specific users, reducing the administrative overhead, deployment cycles and on-going system maintenance.
- Simplified rules for source conditions allow users to rapidly implement new rules by reusing group assignment as the source condition for a rule, eliminating the need for administrators to create a new rule each time a new intruder has been identified.
- Enhanced Incident Resolution Management and bi-directional communication for ticket acknowledgment status between nFX SIM One and HP OpenView ensures a smoother, more automated incident response across organizational boundaries.
"netForensics pioneered the Security Information Management space, and the latest release of nFX SIM One is dedicated to helping our government, large enterprises, and MSSP customers seamlessly establish links between information security and regulatory compliance controls and processes," said Tracy Hulver, Vice President of Products and Marketing, netForensics. "By providing real-time intelligence that's actionable, we're helping our customers immediately understand the impact of their security posture and the impact on their overall regulatory compliance position."
To learn more about nFX SIM One and the flexible pricing options, contact netForensics at 1-866-525-5666 or visit http://www.netforensics.com.
netForensics security information and event management solutions enable organizations of all sizes to rapidly identify and respond to threats and demonstrate ongoing compliance. Our software and appliance products collect and centralize volumes of event log data and deliver accurate, actionable, real-time security intelligence. netForensics offers the award-winning nFX Cinxi One, recognized for its ease of deployment and management, and the industry's only solution that combines security information management (SIM) and log management on one appliance. For over a decade, our nFX SIM One software solution has helped enterprises, managed service providers, and government agencies around the world to manage risk, protect their assets, and maintain compliant operations.
SOURCE netForensics, Inc.