WALTHAM, Mass., Aug. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- NetProspex, a leading B2B sales and marketing contact database, today announced the launch of the Summer 2011 NetProspex Social Business Report, a snapshot of the social media activity and trends of business people in the U.S. across major social networks.
NetProspex developed the report through an analysis of the verified business contacts available in its crowd-sourced database. 12 million employees at U.S.-based businesses were analyzed for Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn activity. The newly released report ranks the top performers—breaking them down by company, industry, job title and geographic region. Following the successful debut of prior NetProspex Social Reports, the company developed several new, comprehensive categories to illustrate the widespread social media adoption in the US business community.
The report, which includes infographics and data visualization, measured and ranked activity across three of the largest networks: LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. The rankings are based on the NetProspex Social Index (NPSI), a score comprised of social media presence (the number of employees in a category with social media profiles registered under a business email address), and social connectedness (the average number of connections per employee across major social networks).
Notable findings in the NetProspex Summer Social Media Report include:
- The Most Social Company: The New York Times: The companies with the highest overall score represent a socially connected employee base. The New York Times topped the list at #1, with Intuit and Juniper Networks earning the second and third rankings, respectively.
- Computer Technology Tops Industry List: The Computer Technology industry was ranked #1 of the Top 50 most social media-savvy industries in the US.
- Job Recruiters Are the Most Social: When it comes to employees, job recruiters ranked among as the #1 most savvy employees in the US this year, beating out last year's #1 employees, communications and marketing professionals.
- CEOs Not Engaged, For the Second Year in a Row: CEOs did not break the top 10 of the report's job titles category.
- Silicon Valley Reigns Supreme: San Francisco and San Jose remain the #1 and #2 most social media-savvy cities in the US, respectively
- West Coast More Social Media-Savvy than East Coast: West coast cities are far ahead of east coast when it comes to social media usage. San Francisco, San Jose, Ventura, CA, Seattle, and Denver all cracked the Top 10 list, while NYC, Stamford, CT, and Boston were the only east coast cities that made the Top 10 list.
The complete NetProspex Social Media Business report and millions of verified business contacts with social media information are available at http://www.netprospex.com/np/social.
NetProspex is the world's most accurate and fastest-growing sales and marketing database, helping BtoB decision makers find, reach, and connect with nearly 24 million sales prospects in a uniquely direct and measurable way.
Founded in 2006 by online publishing and marketing industry veterans Gary Halliwell and Jeff Clewley, NetProspex understands that effective sales and marketing efforts require the most in-depth and accurate prospect data. The core product line overlays crowd-sourced, user-contributed contact information with proprietary verification technology to produce an entirely unique and highly effective sales and marketing contact database.
With a 100% replacement guarantee and continual data scrubbing, NetProspex is the leading source of accurate, crowd-sourced business intelligence.