NEW YORK, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The Key Facts:
- Networked Insights appoints Howard Ballon Senior Vice President of Media and Entertainment.
- Ballon brings more than 15 years of expertise in film research and box office tracking, gathered from his roles at Nielsen Film and Home Entertainment, where he was responsible for Nielsen NRG, Nielsen TV, and Nielsen EDI.
- Ballon led the expansion of NRG's movie tracking services, created a widely-used movie industry benchmark study, introduced a web-based platform of the NRG movie database, and established NRG's DVD custom and syndicated research practice. He led EDI's expansion of its global box office coverage and helped develop Nielsen TV from a pilot-testing boutique practice to a diversified market research organization.
- His previous position was Managing Director of Media and Entertainment, North America, for Synovate.
- In his new leadership role, Howard will guide Networked Insights as the company grows its footprint in the entertainment business and expands its presence in Los Angeles, California.
- Ballon will build on his track record of innovation by developing market research techniques that capitalize on the strengths of the social web and real-time consumer data. He will work to expand current services and develop new products that leverage the Networked Insights' marketing decisions platform.
- Ballon will work with the Networked Insights senior leadership team as they continue to build on the company's vision to improve the efficiency of marketing by bringing real-time data to business decisions.
Howard Ballon, Head of Media and Entertainment at Networked Insights
"Networked Insights is quickly becoming a leader in the area of real-time analytics using data from across the social web. Leading advertisers, broadcast executives and marketing professionals turn to Networked Insights because of the company's advanced marketing decisions platform. I look forward to merging traditional market research techniques with the power of real-time consumer data and insights."
Dan Neely, CEO, Networked Insights
"Adding a multi-talented marketing professional like Howard Ballon to the Networked Insights team allows us to build on our tradition of innovation and accelerate growth in an industry where we've seen significant client engagement. Real-time data and marketing analytics are changing how businesses operate and we're thrilled to have Howard advise entertainment companies on how to succeed by using our marketing decisions platform."
- Networked Insights: www.networkedinsights.com
- Networked Insights Blog: http://blog.networkedinsights.com/
- Networked Insights Twitter: http://twitter.com/NetInsights
About Networked Insights
Networked Insights is transforming the way companies make marketing investments by informing decisions with real-time consumer data. Our enterprise-class analytics solutions uncover audience interests that brands use to ensure they connect with their target customers. The result is improved marketing performance, while discovering the minimal effective marketing spend.
Over the past six years, Networked Insights has provided solutions to enterprise clients such as GE, MillerCoors, P&G, Samsung, Revlon, and Viacom.
Networked Insights has a history of innovation and industry recognition. In 2012, Fast Company named Networked Insights one of world's 50 "Most Innovative Companies" and Forrester Research described the company as "unrivalled in socially informed media planning and buying."
SOURCE Networked Insights