LAS VEGAS, April 26, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- DelveInsight's "Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market and Competitive Insight Report" provides the current and forecast market and comprises Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices market trends and key competitors. DelveInsight estimated the market to rise at a high CAGR over the study period of 2018 – 2026.
Key Highlights of Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market report:
- Thrombectomy is a procedure to reduce the blood clots in the blood vessels. These devices are used to treat the brain's blockage, which may occur for many reasons, such as atheroma and thrombus in one or more arteries. Stroke is the leading cause of disability, and 80% to 85% of stroke cases are ischemic. The blood clot may cause fatal complications if left untreated, as per the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Mechanical Thrombectomy is one of the treatment procedure needed to treat ischemic stroke patients using neurovascular thrombectomy devices such as aspiration catheters or stent retrieval, or a combination of both.
- The COVID-19 impacted the neurovascular thrombectomy devices heavily in 2020. The market saw a steep decline from 2019 to 2020. Due to nationwide lockdowns in every country, market access was at a high-time low. Still, the market is expected to recover to its previous size by 2026.
- Fogarty® arterial embolectomy catheter (Edward LifeSciences Corporation), the Penumbra System® (Penumbra), and PRIORITYONE® Aspiration Catheter (Terumo) are some of the neurovascular thrombectomy devices in the market. Most of these available devices are FDA approved and are CE marked.
- The FDA approved Edwards Lifesciences's Fogarty Arterial Embolectomy Catheter on June 12, 2020. This will help Edwards Lifesciences expand its product portfolio, making it the most significant player in the market.
- On February 7, 2020, Stryker received FDA approval for the Trevo NXT ProVue Retriever, expanding its portfolio in Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices.
- On April 30, 2019, Medtronic announced the commercial launch of Solitaire X revascularisation device in the United States, expanding its footprint in the US. Medtronic also introduced the Phenom 21 catheter to facilitate the delivery of all sizes of the Solitaire X device.
Request for Sample Pages @ Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Competitive Landscape Report
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 795,000 people in the United States have a stroke every year.
- The total eligible patient population for Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices in 7MM was 30,179 cases in 2018. The largest patient pool for neurovascular thrombectomy devices was found in the United States.
- About 87% of all strokes are ischemic strokes in the U.S.
- The people taken into consideration are 45-80 years of age to calculate the eligible patient population for neurovascular thrombectomy devices. The incidence of stroke is higher in the older age population than in the younger generation.
The treatment algorithm for this calculated patient pool, as mentioned in the 2019 updated Guidelines from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, states that anticoagulant such as intravenous (IV) tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) should be administered to all eligible acute stroke patients within 3 hours of a stroke. As with IV tPA, treatment with mechanical thrombectomy should be initiated as quickly as possible. Administration of aspirin is recommended in acute stroke patients within 24 to 48 hours after stroke onset. For patients treated with IV tPA, aspirin administration is generally delayed for 24 hours.
The Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices market growth is estimated to increase due to the growing geriatric population, increased incidence and prevalence of neurovascular diseases, advancements in healthcare technology, high healthcare expenditure, and available reimbursement policies in developed countries. Along with this, technological advancements and demand for minimum invasive surgeries are the factors responsible for the Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices market size at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Competitors in Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market:
- Edward LifeSciences Corporation
- Terumo Europe NV
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Acandis GmbH
- Perflow Medical
- Phenox GmbH
- Johnson and Johnson
- MicroVention, Inc.
Know more about the key companies involved @ Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market Key Companies
The report proffers valuable insight for clients venturing into the Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices. It acts as the source of guidance for taking strategic business decisions in the field of Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices by providing a descriptive overview of pathophysiology, various diagnostic approaches, and treatment algorithm, including detailed chapters for marketed products and emerging therapies. The report has a thorough review of the market containing historical and forecasted market size in 7MM by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices market size.
DelveInsight's analysts have prepared this report after a thorough secondary and primary research into the Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices market. Analysis and estimations are done by considering the share of top companies and industry expert viewpoints of Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices and eligible patient pool for Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices.
Table of Contents
Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Background and Overview
Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Company Profiles
Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Competitive Analysis
Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Eligible Patient Pool Analysis (2018–2026)
Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market Analysis in the 7MM (2018–2026)
Total Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market Size
Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market Share by DevicesType
Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Case Study: Devices Type
Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market Drivers and Barriers
Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices: PEST Analysis
Visit to know more about the report offerings @ Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market
DelveInsight's 'Airway Management Devices -Market Insights, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast - 2025' report delivers an in-depth understanding of Airway Management Devices and the historical and forecasted Airway Management Devices market trends in the US, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
DelveInsight's 'Ambulatory Arrhythmia monitoring Devices-Market Insights, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast - 2025' report delivers an in-depth understanding of Ambulatory Arrhythmia monitoring Devices and the historical and forecasted Ambulatory Arrhythmia Monitoring Devices market trends in the US, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
DelveInsight's 'Anesthesia Workstation/Machines-Market Insights, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast 2025' report delivers an in-depth understanding of Anesthesia Workstation/Machines and the historical and forecasted Anesthesia Workstation/Machines market trends in the US, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
DelveInsight's 'Deep Brain Stimulation Devices -Market Insights, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast - 2025' report delivers an in-depth understanding of Deep Brain Stimulation Devices and the historical and forecasted Deep Brain Stimulation Devices market trends in the US, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
DelveInsight's 'Arteriotomy Closure Devices -Market Insights, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast - 2025' report delivers an in-depth understanding of Arteriotomy Closure Devices and the historical and forecasted Arteriotomy Closure Devices market trends in the US, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
DelveInsight's "Deep Brain Stimulation Devices Pipeline Insight and Competitive Landscape, 2020" report provides comprehensive insights about 20+ companies and 23+ pipeline devices in the deep brain stimulation (DBS) devices pipeline landscape.
DelveInsight's 'Vagus Nerve Stimulator (VNS)-Market Insights, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast-2025' report delivers an in-depth understanding of Vagus Nerve Stimulators, historical and forecasted patient pool as well as the Vagus Nerve Stimulator market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance. It also proffers Healthcare Consulting Services, which benefits in market analysis to accelerate the business growth and overcome challenges with a practical approach.
SOURCE DelveInsight Business Research, LLP